+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Default Oh hai

O hai, I has can upgradeded ur new membar countzes.

/me waves

:edit:

havent thought of a good profile RP theme yet. For now I'm just a survivor. Was leaning more towards a character liek the girl in Z for Zachariah, or someone hanging on to the past in a surreal dementia with a mix of Tank Girl with a little less anarchy
    Last edited by VissyAdamczyk; 09-16-2008 at 11:21 PM.

Cool Azariah

Greetings,
    I'm newly wandered into the area. I was surprised to find such dense population in the middle of the open desert. I'm Azariah, and I am a survivor of the apocalypse. Being a survivor and living so long off the land, I've gathered some degree of skill in medicine, and have joined up with the Scorpion Tribe and am training for the Healer class. I hope my knowledge of remedy will prove valuable for my new kin, and am just grateful to have found others civilized in the area. I must have been wandering from one desolate community after another when I found a most welcome attempt to rebuild. I hope I can prove valuable to the overall community.

Best Regards,
    Azariah.

Wink Drum roll, please.......

Hi, everyone: So, I'm supposed to introduce myself. I've been around SL about 10 months, but only arrived in The Wastelands the end of July. You might have seen me at some events or just hanging out. Just getting around to the forums...

Anyway, I like exploring SL and stumbled upon The Wastelands while searching for land that wasn't just another snoozefest - wow, did I find it Love the Swamp and just had to have a piece of it. Later, couldn't resist a bit of The Wastelands, too. Neo's done a freakin' amazing job with the textures - it's like being in one of my favorite post-apoc movies.

So, see you around - scavenge on! (BTW, don't worry about my little swamp monster, it's harmless...when it's not hungry.......which is most of the time......okay, never mind)
    I sat upon the shore
    Fishing, with the arid plain behind me
    Shall I at least set my lands in order?

--The Waste Land, T.S. Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by MaCelia View Post
    Love the Swamp and just had to have a piece of it.
    Loving the Bog and the Swamp here as well.

Welcome to the Wastelands and Bloodmoss, we're probably neighbors so feel free to say hello. I'll be sure to do the same if I see you around, as I'm the somewhat friendly swamp mouse when I not hiding.
    You know... you look like your head fell in the cheese dip back in 1957.

Default Yo.

My name is Case, some of you might know me already. I have a plot in the Fissure named "kerosine" where I like to conduct dangerous experiments. I have another plot with Perefim in the Bog where I like to hide. I like the concept of the Wastelands a lot that's why I choose to support it even though I don't always have a lot of time to spend there.

Talk to me if you see me around

Case x

Quote Originally Posted by Case View Post
    Talk to me if you see me around

Case x
    I know you. Hello Flickerite. Spend more time in the Wastes... forget the rest of SL.

Hello everyone.
    I'm Grrolin Anansi. Just stumbled onto this place the other day, and I'm excited by what I've found. It looks like there might be some great times and RP here, and I hope I have a chance to interact with a few of you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Grrolin View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I'm Grrolin Anansi.
    Hey Grrolin! Nice meeting you on Saturday at the Chaoseum! Hope to see you around more.

Wastelands, Zendo's Zendo - http://slurl.com/secondlife/The%20Wastelands/48/102/75

Default Hopeful Future Resident

Hello everyone. I am so glad I stumbled upon The Wastelands. This is just up my alley (are there technically any alleys in The Wastelands?) I hope to settle here, as I presently have no place I call home in SL. Have been reading the Wiki, and have joined the forums and now have a renewed sense of wonder for SL and all its creators. I need to get busy learning new mad skills so I may contribute and not look like a total dweeb --- suggestions and criticisms are welcome. And so many choices...Fort Stygian....The Wastelands....Bloodmoss Swamp....Malady Bog....The Great Fissure.....Where to settle! Where to start. Any thoughts? (All of them? It's only hard earned Lindens after all...but that would be so Old World, one needs to cherish the few resources one has.)
    "With a gun barrel between your teeth, you speak only in vowels. "

Welcome to the Wastelands, Zendo!

You might find some alleys in the tightly packed confines of the Junkyard or between some of the Wastelands structures!

Regarding where to possibly lay down stakes for shelter...

I'd say take some time to think about each of the sims and their particular character, cryptic backstory, and theme which i believe is detailed on the wiki. There's also some threads buried around in here written by Spider Mandala that touch upon this.

While doing that, something may spark your interest or an idea about the type of structure you would wish to contribute for a particular sim given its context.

Also, some of them may look or sound a bit rough around the edges, but Wastelanders can be quite helpful when they're not clubbing each other over the head for salvage.
    How many times will the teeth bite the tongue,
    Looking for salvage in the damage that's done?
    - Jay Farrar