+ Reply to Thread

Default That darn healing machine!

Over the past month or so, I've received several complaints that the healing machine isn't healing when offered items. It's been very hard to diagnose, because it takes a perfect storm of situation things in order for it to happen. That's been compounded by the occasional person rezzing BV: 0 items on it, thus receiving no healing.

I've tracked the bug down to this:
    When an object type is rezzed on a region for the first time since (my guess) a restart, that first object will be eaten due to some "first time rezzed" lag. For instance if you rez a ball of twine, and it doesn't work -- any twine after that will work. But if a flayer is rezzed for the first time, it won't work -- any flayers after that will work.

It's all very hit or miss, but always involves items rezzing for the first time. Which is why when I swoop in to check on these things they work perfectly fine for me. My apologies go out to the people who lost things. Please understand that according to every test I did, it all worked fine.

I know how to fix it, I just need time to fix it. So for now I've turned off the healing machines. I should have some time in the next day or two to whack on 'em. While I'm in there I am going to improve them to not consume food.

Speaking of, please take some time to heal yourselves with food. It's a bit slow but food always heals better than the healing machine per BV point.
    Last edited by NeoBokrug; 11-30-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly unconcerned that he is standing on a precipice, apparently about to step off.

The healing machines are back up. They no longer accept the following items:
    • Food of any type (eating food is better than using it at the healing machine).
    • BV: 0 Items (no healing will happen if you rez it).
    • Hearts of all shapes and sizes (as they are pretty darn rare).
    The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly unconcerned that he is standing on a precipice, apparently about to step off.

hearts?

ok to make this clear, who wishes to still turn hes heart into healing i trade a heart for 101bv random scrap ...
    I eat your Face.

Ccindy likes to collect hearts.

Default Wot??

Anyone who puts hearts in the machine come see me - I tradz medkits and coal XD Scrap pah
    “Which is better--to have laws and agree, or to hunt and kill?” - William Golding

i also take souls, depending on person the price might be low ;-P
    I eat your Face.

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would put food in the healing machine, anyway.

How about medkits? Does the machine take medkits? :P
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

Food in the healing machine would not make you sick..