+ Reply to Thread

Default Thought I'd start here

Seems like as good a place as any to start.

Hello there! I am Trasee Darkwatch, a resident of SL since July 2009 (December 2009 according to my profile). I'm also a regular at SLUniverse, where I saw the ads for the Wastelands that drew me here.

I've never really done any RP in SL, although my RP experience does stretch back to play-by-post RP and tabletop games. I've been considering getting involved in RP in SL, and the Wastelands has certainly caught my attention.

I read the wiki yesterday, and decided to go ahead and join the forums today. I figure I have to start somewhere, so this seemed like a good place to start. It will be a pleasure getting to know everyone here.

welcome to the wastes. where everywone is nice to the other if there not killing each other
    I eat your Face.

Welcome to the Wastelands!

As you've seen, there's a whole heap of things to read on the Wiki and in the Press, and in the archives of these Forums as well. So feel free to take your time and read up on things -- and don't hesitate to ask questions! If you'd rather talk one-on-one, to answer more questions or put things into context or whathaveyou, just send me an IM inworld, and I'd be happy to talk your ears off.

Even if you decide to forego RP, The Wastelands is an awesome place to live and hang out. There are weekly events, almost all of which are out-of-character, and you never have to roleplay to play the combat/salvage game, or to own land, or to do anything else. And you can choose your own level of participation, in-character or out.

See you around!
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

Thanks for the welcomes. I've been reading and searching around. I went to the sim a couple times. First time RL called me away, which was annoying. Second time seemed like a pretty slow time (just a short while ago). I do want to get involved in the RP, I like what I read about the Mwrr, but can't find any more information other than what was in the wiki. Also, don't quite know what outfits to find to fit the theme. Just feeling like a major fish out of water right now.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

be dirty, worn out or tribal, that works best. good chances to meet a lot of folks is usualy saturdays,where is fightnight, and on first saturday of the month thers a bazaar at cormac which is basicly pure rp, good place to stumble over a lot of ppl.
    dont break ur head about ur outfit to much, i suggest wear something that will work for a wile, check outsome ppl and inspiration will follow. or check out the pictures in the press articles, or in the flicker album that showcases in the upper right corner of that forum.
    I eat your Face.

Ohhh I dunno, outfits are pretty important especially when you want to do your bit to reduce lag and rendering costs. Try to pick something that's as low rez as possible. If you ask the right people in the wastes they can tell you the places to avoid like the virtual plague re clothing and notoriously huge render costs. Grey is not the new black when you are just grey all over.

Secondly try and pick accessories such as belts , footwear etc with as less prims as possible, the more you have the more you will feel it on sim crossings - also try and pick something you can mod or at least delete the resize scripts after you are done. They are the worst offenders.

GL in the wastes
    “Which is better--to have laws and agree, or to hunt and kill?” - William Golding

Yes, I'm familiar with the script issues. I do tend to keep my script count as low as possible.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

Welcome Trasee! I see you expressed interest in the Mwrr section i wrote for the wiki. Much of the manimal section is in progress as i've been slowly updating it and expanding on the basic concept. There are basic concept character sketches i've done and hope to upload soon. If you have any questions though about the Mwrr manimals feel send me an IM.

There's also some other feline manimal characters you might find or can contact. They are KittyKat Borkotron, Dassina Andel, and Melody Trefusis. KittyKat's a manimal ghoul but she still retains her manimal instincts.

There may be others but i can't think of them at the moment.
    How many times will the teeth bite the tongue,
    Looking for salvage in the damage that's done?
    - Jay Farrar

Thanks, Sandusky! Apos met me in world and gave me a lot of good advice. I got my avi set up and am looking forward to the RP.