+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

To get around that error, Dass, you have to make a text edit first. You'll get that error with the text edit (which can be no change, just commit a page) and then it'll accept your input on a second try. After you've done that, you won't get the error again that session and will be free to upload pics.

Thanks Jubal!

I've added quite a few Food images to the wiki, as well as a few minor corrections here and there. Still needs a lot of work, especially with just entries for non-food salvage.

The wiki is going to take quite a lot of work to update ALL the items. I don't mind if you guys and gals work on it, and from what I can tell you have picked up that I wanted 512px wide images for salvage. For now lets just keep it to active and in circulation game items. I trust you'll continue to follow the template I've got going for items, and I have faith in your ability to put quirky descriptive item comments. From what I have heard the recent wiki updates have been really helpful to a few new people, so it's work for the GREATER GOOD. That's not even counting all the stuff I have planned for this year.

I'll continue to work on the wiki as time allows, but right now I am working on some HUD tweaks and more importantly recovering from "Vacation".

Just don't post recipes or I will MURDER YOUR SOULS, leave that up to me.
    The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly unconcerned that he is standing on a precipice, apparently about to step off.

All Food entries are completed with pictures, and I knocked out a HUGE chunk of non-Food Salvage listings, too. Haven't touched Weapons yet. I may get your help Neo, with getting pictures of Turkey Buzzards, and any other current in-game items I don't have ready access to at a later date and time.

I updated the HUD today to take care of the following issues related to jumping:
    Jump Drifting while standing still
    Bodies being slammed after jumping.
    The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly unconcerned that he is standing on a precipice, apparently about to step off.

Thank all the various gods. What the pants was even HAPPENING there?!
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

I have some slain buzzards if that helps: https://www.flickr.com/photos/verity...7649734295050/
    Verity Goodnight

Did some HUD tweaking today, it should be less fragile now.

Also the Stew now takes mushrooms, fish, and buzzard tenders.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBokrug View Post
    Did some HUD tweaking today, it should be less fragile now.

Also the Stew now takes mushrooms, fish, and buzzard tenders.
    Hot damn! Cream of Mushroom stew, for everyone!

Buzzard Tweaks:
    • I changed their pathing behavior for close combat to not exceed the HUDs max speed allowance. This should prevent a lot of breaking.
    • I also changed their loot mechanism to use Experience Keys, that way they don't need my server to do the math for them.

I await feedback from regulars who hunt buzzards. Hopefully these don't break HUDs. If this goes well it shouldn't be too long before I can bring back all the other lost critters, like beetles, larvae, maybe some brominite scouts.

p.s. All this time I thought the buzzards were phantom, but some lizard part of my brain knew that they HAD to NOT BE phantom for WL Weapons to work on them, so they were always not phantom.