+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast

One last set of HUD tweaks today. This should be it for a long while. HUDs shouldn't crash as often as they have been in the past 2 weeks.
    The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly unconcerned that he is standing on a precipice, apparently about to step off.

I hate to say it, but just jumping around the hills of Fort Stygian has gotten me banned from the HUD twice now, the second time during a crate quest. Specifically, I get banned because I'm apparently falling too fast.

Falling speed isn't calculated into your running speed, or the mechanism that figures out if you're speeding. Falling speed is actually calculated separately just for falling damage.
    The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly unconcerned that he is standing on a precipice, apparently about to step off.

yep somethign is wonky, i got suspended running down a not even steep hill while looking for my mission crate in fissure

also had a buzzard suspend me 3 times in a row yesterday morning while trying to fight it on the ground, in the end i gave up and nailgunned it to death.

I managed to trigger it twice myself now. I think I am going to cry.

noooooooooo :c

I just got done with even more tweaks and fixes.

With a lot more testing done, and a minor tweak in how things are done -- I *THINK* this should take care of buzzard issues too.

One extra thing I've done (at the risk of breaking the HUD), is made it differentiate between flying or speeding in the error messages.

If this isn't the last set of fixes regarding the movement issue, I really am gunna cry.

About those Blood Potatoes!

They've been in the game for almost a month, and it's about time I dished out most of the facts. To start we'll talk about the plants and how you can obtain Blood Potatoes, then I'll tell you the rather cool unique feature of the potato itself.

The plants themselves when found are lootable by anyone, however looting will take an exceptionally long time. This makes you vulnerable. If you take ANY damage whatsoever while looting, looting will stop and you'll have to start all over again. This allows people to interrupt you from taking it's loot. It is not beneficial to stand around and guard plants all day, just like the in the real world. At best you can check in on them from time to time and hope no one loots it early.

The plants have four stages of life, and I don't think any of them have made it past stage 2 so far.
    1. Taking Root - For a short while after plant freshly spawns it is technically lootable, but you will not get any loot from it. Instead you'll just uproot it and kill it.
    2. Young Plant - A young plant takes a while to mature, but yields absolute MINIMUM loot.
    3. Adult Plant - An adult plant is still growing and loot yields slowly increase as it ages. The longer you let it grow and closer it gets to a finished plant, the more loot you get.
    4. Finished Plant - Once a plant isn't incapable of generating any more loot, it's ready to be harvested at it's full potential.

The plants and their spawn rate have a LOT of pseudo-randomness to them. I am keeping the info about their spawning a secret. But I will say this: No matter how fast plants spawn and how many you loot when they do spawn -- if a plant doesn't get past the young stage they will always redeem the minimum amount of resources they can produce.

It may seem kinda strange to allow people to kill plants or loot them before their time -- but I think it's totally fair game in this environment. You may be dying of hunger and you need some food as of yesterday. Do you risk the ire of others who have been tending to the plants -- or do you nab a quick meal? Some people may just want to kill them at any opportunity to affect potato economy. People may want to work together to let the plants fully grow so food is more plentiful. The fate of potatoes is in everyone's hands, but one single person can make a big difference either way.

The potatoes themselves are a rather unique piece of salvage, in that they can have one of several different shapes. Once a potato is rezzed it will retain it's shape forever. Just rez your potatoes and compare them. It may seem trivial, but I like to think that having more diverse salvage items that are the really just the same is cool. I'd like to use this feature more on future salvage things where applicable.

Do I plan to do more stuff like the potatoes in the future? Absolutely, when I have time to.
    Last edited by NeoBokrug; 03-05-2015 at 04:53 PM.