Hud Changes
    !!! IMPORTANT !!!
    All the features of the add-on HUD have been Merged:
    • Hourly Realistic Weather
    • Dynamic Falling Damage
    • Jump Limiter
    • Speed Limiter
    When you Die...
    • You will be teleported to the nearest safe-ish location (A healing machine or NPC). If the teleport fails you will just lay there like normal.
    • You will have to wait 90 seconds after you get up to loot salvage again, just as if you had freshly equipped the HUD.

Combat Timer Changes:
    • Eating food, interacting with the salvagers, traders, and Dr. Aeg will not flag you for combat. This means your hunger will still metabolize during this time.
    • Looting things and getting healed or hurt by anything will trigger the combat timer.

Hunger Changes:
    • There's now a hunger bar under the health bar, it is orange.
    • Stomach capacities are twice as big as before.
    • "Starvation! Eat Food!" will appear above your health % if you have no food.
    • Metabolism (Converting food to health) always happens so long as you're alive, giving fractions of a % of health every second, and it's slightly more effective than before.
    • The rate that hunger is delpleted, is now the same no matter your situation. A full hunger bar will take around six hours of real world game time to deplete.
    • Walking or resting will recover health fastest.
    • If you're hurt, not flagged for combat, and running, metabolism occurs at half the normal rate.
    • If you're flagged for combat, metabolism occurs at 1/10th the normal rate.
    • Having no food will slowly take away life.

Complete retooling of the Database Backend
    • Internal Error Logging
    • Automatic player data saved every 15 minutes (in case of SL region crashes)
    • Smarter error messages for when things are broken.
    • Smarter player messages for when you're suspended.

New Region Message System
    • Regions won't message your own actions to yourself, such as entering a region or de-hudding.
    • Regions will also monitor and dehud avatars who exceed the following issues, but ONLY WHILE wearing the game hud.
    • Avatars must be at LEAST 4' 6" tall, or 1.3716 meters.
    • Avatars must have less than 125 scripts
    • Avatars must have less than 2.5MB of script use.
    • Avatars must not be riding or driving vehicles.
    Misc Changes:
    • Grace period has a visible countdown.
    • Armor was removed, since it never came to full fruition.
    • The region message toggle was removed.
    • One single particle object pre-loaded with textures.
    • 50% Less script counts
    • This was supposed to be a 30 minute change, why did it take 50+ hours?
    Last edited by NeoBokrug; 10-11-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly unconcerned that he is standing on a precipice, apparently about to step off.

is the old HUD still working, and ok to use? just curious.

Nope, all HUDs are required to update.
    The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly unconcerned that he is standing on a precipice, apparently about to step off.

Is the HUD we've been testing at FN OK or should we get a new one?

I think that all the outdated ones give you a message that says it's outdated. So if your HUD isn't yelling at you in Local, you're set.
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

Just FYI, I grabbed the new HUD and went to my Wasteland journey, and because of the lag I died in the big Chasm nearby the NPC...
    (SL hates me, no doubt)

When I received the HUD message telling me I'd be teleported somewhere, it didn't work, and the HUD kept crashing and get disabled. I had to be tped out by someone else.
    But if you die any other place in the Wastes, it works normally and you are tped near the Arena.
    Might want to check that, seems to be a bug to me.

I think I see the problem, I think I've fixed it.

Just a query. What is the reason for being auto-transported to a HUB when "killed"? It kind of defeats any possibility of (text) roleplay. Gone is the opportunity to curse your attacker unto the 10th generation, vow unrelenting revenge or at least roll over and vomit blood on their boots. Just asking cause it seems so game limiting to hose of us who like to text roleplay. Am I missing something?

tralala: Moved your post

It was actually implemented to resolve several issues, many of them meta-game-y.
    Intentional or unintentional; av-kicking-breaking a hud was sometimes a problem. I don't want people to be suspended for being accidentally run over, or people being dicks and forcing suspensions on people.
    OOC nasty trash-talking was occasionally a problem we'd hear about, and taking the defeated player out of the situation may lessen that.

I was also hoping to give dead players a place and the time to lick their wounds, and maybe spur some medical RP. I really don't want the destinations for people dying to become a contested combat area, but I don't mind people hanging out offering to help each other recover. I wouldn't be opposed to the homestead owners setting up a medical hut (or body pit) for some TP-RP destination action. I'd have to talk with them though.

With the next hud update I've been contemplating putting a 15 second cool-down on looting things, every time you take damage. That way a person could literally stop you from looting something by attacking you. Then you have to fight over it, and whoever wins gets to loot the box. If that person dies, they're no longer around to loot it, even if they stand up.

I know it's a bit meta, but you could always IM them spitting up blood as your body is dragged away.

One of the things I do like about automatic TP is that as Neo stated, there is no Metagaming. I lost count of the numerous times I have seen what I call " Wasteland Easter miracles", by that I mean those who have lost a battle to suddenly get up, arm a huge weapon and go all Rambo ( or Hambo). This way you have no option but to stay down, heal, lick your wounds and return for another day. As long as people remember its all RP, there is little to worry about in the RP comeback. Its expected - eye for an eye, tooth for a sharktooth candy.
    “Which is better--to have laws and agree, or to hunt and kill?” - William Golding