+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

As soon as I read about Google's Deep Dream - which is a pretty mindblowing thing - I knew I had to feed some Wastelands snapshots into it. And this seemed like a perfect choice.

This is the shot I took at the time of Apo seeing glyphs and symbols in the sands. Of course, there wasn't anything rezzed inworld at the time, but I'd been thinking about playing with it somehow to add 'em in.

Well, this isn't exactly glyphs and letters, but it does the trick. I fed one of the snapshots through various filters on https://dreamscopeapp.com/, each of which had Deep Dream process it a different way.

Each new picture looked pretty amazing... but I decided to double down on hallucinatory madness. I downloaded each interesting result... opened up the original in GIMP... then slapped all the new ones into different layers on top of it, and made it all an animated gif.

And so...

I'll definitely be doing more from that photoset soon. Might be a fun way to portray purple mushroom trips, too! :3
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

Fear and Loathing in Cape of Ruin
    Nice Job Apo!

That's a super effect - thanks Apo
    (I thought I was the only one who saw the Cape that way...ha)
    Meat is meat and we all gotta eat..

Haha, thanks, guys! Here's another one!

Based on:

Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.