+ Reply to Thread

Default There any survivors left?

Hello all...

I was doing a random search today in SL for post apoc, industrial type sims as that is the atmosphere I love exploring and what a fabulous find! I have been wandering around the Wastelands for about an hour now and finally came upon the bulletin board that lead me here.

This is so right up my alley and I am ready to jump in and have at the games, the combat (haven't done that yet in SL), and the RP! I'm hoping the dates of the threads here are not indicative of the member population for this sim. You're all still around, right?

After wandering around the site, I started watching the slideshow of all the pictures. I have to say, some of them had me rollin! Good stuff. And there are some real artists here, gorgeous imagery. I had Velvet Acid Christ's "Ghost in the Circuit" playing at that moment and kept looping it. Absolutely spot on background music for the images.

So, I am going to go play with some outfits now and get myself geared up for the sim. Would love to hear from any of you on how things are today in Wastelands.

Oh, and @theblackcloud: Love your sig. They Live is one of my favorite movies ever! "Formaldehyde face!"

See ya round the wastes,

Rhaevyn

[sl: ladyrhaevyn]

Welcome to The Wastelands!

Hey there, Rhaevyn! Welcome to The Wastelands!

The Forums have been a little on the quiet side, but I assure you, we're still out there kickin' ass. It's a pretty big place, and the scavenging aspect of the game tends to have people fairly well dispersed. Generally speaking, though, we're the friendliest bunch of filthy psychotics you'll ever meet -- so don't be too afraid to say hi.

If you're looking to meet more people, we've got a few weekly events that draw a crowd! A couple DJ sets, some live music, Fight Night... all of which are OOC, so you can get to know people as they are! If you want some in-character action, there's a monthly RP-only trader's bazaar! It's a great way to ease in to RP -- and spectators are also welcome, if you'd like to just watch how it goes.

Come by The N sometime -- there's a box of free clothing, and if you click the signs on the walls and objects on the shelves, most of them have handy notecards on various aspects of Wastelands life. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlif...ygian/49/51/68

If you ever want to know more about anything you encounter, or want some feedback on your gear or character concept, ask away! There's a LOT of awesome stuff to experience, and seven and a half years worth of stories to tell.

I look forward to seeing you around!
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

hey,
    welcome to the show
    I eat your Face.

Thanks CCindy, and Apo, was great to meet you in the Wastes yesterday! Sorry I missed the last part of your IMs I was wandering aimlessly in my kitchen and forgot to say AFK. My brain is a wonder of the universe *grin*

Also a HUGE shout out to Harvey who is such an amazingly great person and took the time to spend the better part of an afternoon/evening with me to explain things, walk me through the HUD and just provide me with an enjoyable time getting to know the world of the Wastelands.

I did my first quest (yay) with the help of Apo since I was completely clueless on using the masheen LOL. I will be scavenging there soon, and often. And I look forward to attending any event I'm able to. (I am also a hostess at TechNoir club so if any of you are into stomage, by all means come party with me!)

OK, so any of you that like to go in killing sprees, all I ask is, if you're going to kill me, please give me a little RP first so I can at least somewhat enjoy getting faceplanted? Thanks! *chuckle*

Hope you'll like it here.
    Last edited by Harvey; 06-16-2014 at 03:24 AM.