+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

/me is seriously considering getting in the shroom business now. :P

Also...i thought Ccindy was referring to oil with "black gold" initially.
    i never heard coffee referred to as such.

The consequences of growing up and watching too much of the Beverly Hillbillies.
    How many times will the teeth bite the tongue,
    Looking for salvage in the damage that's done?
    - Jay Farrar

I've got two suggestions, basically inspired by the v2 weapon Fight Night last Saturday.

Firstly, is there any way we can reduce SL's jumping height? I found it punctured the atmosphere a little when, during a gunfight, my opponent did a floaty moon jump.

Secondly, is there any way we could, through animations or somesuch, implement a backpedalling system more akin to most FPS games? I just found a little irksome that you can be running away from your assailant, with your body and gun not facing your opponent, but you can still be aiming behind you in mouselook, shooting and scoring hits.

It may sound drastic, but how about making most guns necessary to fire from a stationary position? Or at least shooting while running could incur a severe accuracy penalty? I got the impression the axe user in the final didn't stand much of a chance, even less so if he was fighting outside of the confines of the pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    Firstly, is there any way we can reduce SL's jumping height? I found it punctured the atmosphere a little when, during a gunfight, my opponent did a floaty moon jump.
    Floaty moon jump? What's that?
    You mean when someone gets stuck/lagged out during a jump?
    - Jay Farrar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandusky View Post
    Floaty moon jump? What's that?
    You mean when someone gets stuck/lagged out during a jump?
    Whenever you jump in SL, it is a floaty moon jump.
    All of SL's physics go out the window once you press the jump key.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    It may sound drastic, but how about making most guns necessary to fire from a stationary position? Or at least shooting while running could incur a severe accuracy penalty? I got the impression the axe user in the final didn't stand much of a chance, even less so if he was fighting outside of the confines of the pit.
    Given the hard-to-come-by nature of ammo in version 1, i imagine version 2 will be even more so.
    If I only had a few bullets left in my shotgun or rifle and Zero a.k.a. The Axemanimal Cometh, i'd probably skidaddle.

I like that idea of altered accuracy depending on stationary versus running.
    - Jay Farrar

If you nerf the guns too much and make them stand still to fire only, you are gonna tip balance too far in favor of melee. Moving and shooting in SL, with lag, poor controls, and the bizarre things you'll get stuck or trip on is hard enough. Adding an increased accuracy nerf would be down right punishing to the gun players. Imagine how frustrating it's gonna be to waste three out of four shots when four is all you have. If my time with the Alliance Navy taught me anything it's that moving while shooting polices itself when using anything other than a bullet hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandusky View Post
    Given the hard-to-come-by nature of ammo in version 1, i imagine version 2 will be even more so.
    Wait, isn't Deadeye meant to be primarily a gun-wielding class?

I'm not sure I'm looking forward to running around wearing a chef hat and kiss-me-quick apron, waving around a rifle that I can't find any ammo for.

Actually, I'd probably be quite happy running around like that, but that wasn't my point.

Welcome to the Post-Apocalpyse!

Where supplies are hard to come by and fresh materials need to be scavenged or bartered (or paid for with Lindens).

Swedish chef hats and aprons will be free but bloodstained.

I'm pretty sure anyone can use most of the guns. Just certain classes will be more adept at certain weapons than others and certain skills will i have weapons/armor only they can use (if i remember correctly). Neo's probably the best one to answer questions about game mechanics since so much of that stuff is in his head.
    - Jay Farrar

Quote Originally Posted by JubalQuintus View Post
    Mine is simpleand I've mentioned it before. I'd like human and humanoid mobs to be sources of meat for food as well as whatever else the drop when killed. I'd like it to be discreet, so tat it's not obviously human/humanoid meat when you cook it up, so it could be sold/traded to the masses if the player was evil enough to do so.
    Why not make it obviously? ... i think of "the road" ... would make a great RP for ppl refuse human meat ... and mutants e.g. loving it.
    Should be 2 different recipes ... one with animal meat and one with human meat ... one easier to make (the human) but less feeding .. the other difficult to gain but more feeding ... could be nice rp, i guess.

"... we dont do it, cause we are holding the fire" .... " yes, we are holding the fire"

Cheers
    Raze
    When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire ... .