+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    Firstly, is there any way we can reduce SL's jumping height? I found it punctured the atmosphere a little when, during a gunfight, my opponent did a floaty moon jump.
    Perhaps, it's something I will explore as the hud nears completion. A benefit of taking control over jump is that people can't accidentally fly anymore. Right now I am not touching the hud while I work on the weapons so I can finalize the new WLv2 code standard.

Secondly, is there any way we could, through animations or somesuch, implement a backpedalling system more akin to most FPS games?
    Perhaps with a built in AO on the hud, but I am really doing my best to avoid that. With scripting I could detect if you're walking backwards and have a backwards animation, but like I said, I wanna avoid it.

It may sound drastic, but how about making most guns necessary to fire from a stationary position?
    No, they will be at the mercy of anyone with melee. I am working on accuracy multipliers while in motion, but I am trying to balance it out so it's not such a hinderance, and more of a benefit when you stay still. I want ranged weapons to be viable.

As for the other ammo questions, old WLv1 there's a lot of ammo waste due to it detecting on other things that aren't the real target. Next weekend I think I am going to have "classic" rippers with the same damage output as normal rippers, so you can get a feel for the new accuracy settings as well as how accurate the new system is vs the old system. If you had a Dev Hud, you'd see that 90% of all ripper shots from WLv1 hit the floor tiles and not avatars. That's just the nature of the ripper in v1. So I don't think ammo will be a problem because you'll be vastly more accurate.

Ammo in v2 also auto-reloads, no need to detach and go through the reload process, as well as a manual reload. I'm going to do my best to put in a key combination for medkits too, that way you don't need to leave mouselook mid fight to heal.

The addiction or narcotics system sounds interesting. I could see it a short term skill / stat boosts, coupled with an equally if not more nasty doubly long debuff. Those would have to be items you ate though like food, so you'd have to rez it and click it. I'll keep that in mind until I convince myself it goes on the WLv2.1 list.
    The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly unconcerned that he is standing on a precipice, apparently about to step off.

I agree. I want to know the source of the meat. A simple flavor text (pardon the pun) like that would add so much gameplay potential.

I just want the option to go Fried Green Tomatoes or Iguana Bob on people and feed them their buddies if they aren't careful. Maybe have a spice mask the flavor if used during cooking or something.

an other idea i just had .. i duno if this can be made at all

something like traps to set up to do not instant kill but instand damage at some place if u have time to prepare.
    each skill could have differend like:
    greenthump: poisones spikes in a foothole
    masheen: classical boobietrap
    deatheye: short pipe with a bullet in it and a trigger that shoots the bullet if some wire gets pressure release
    krusher: stone trap or something .. with heavy stuff crashin on someone

and well .. they might be refuseable if u see them and ur skill is equal or higher than the builders skill

well bigges problem i see is where to put them up caus hey autoreturn
    other thing is .. hey kinda expensiv for something that might not work

would be helpfull to protect areas from avas and mobs i guess

well just dump my brain here

in response to cc, and this is something I've been suggesting for a little while now and have never gotten a response to by anyone other than equally eager residents, is hud reactive props. We had the fences and such in v1, but i've not noticed any hud reactive furniture so to speak.

Some salvageable barbed wire or razor wire, that has a % chance to give you bleed if you touch it or something along those lines. It would give paranoid residents the ability to protect their land in places.

The chances of this being abused by the thoughtless is fairly high though in fairness, but also leads me to the thought of hazardous armor, such as wrapping your arms in barbed wire that has a small percentage of giving the wearer damage and bleed, but also enhances their damage dealt in close combat, this would be a psycho armor option only really, as its just as likely to hurt you as an enemy, and would afford 0 armor benefit, but I know people would enjoy that in an rp sense.. some nutter wrapped in barbed wire charges into a bar and tackles people.

Then as a further development, you've got bracers and shoulder armor (avoids using the word pauldron) that have things like broken glass or nails stuck in them, which are less hazardous to the wearer, but still have a % chance of damaging anyone in close combat with him, maybe have a modifier in built for the attackers fighting skill so the better they are, the less likely they are to be hurt by the crazy armor.

Quote Originally Posted by CCindy View Post
    an other idea i just had .. i duno if this can be made at all

something like traps to set up to do not instant kill but instand damage at some place if u have time to prepare.
    I totally love this idea. A friend and I have been working on spikes for a pit for a while now and I've been more or less been the guinea pig for testing it out.

How about damage set up from trip wires. I something like that possible? I have plenty of places on my land that I could place trip wires and that could come in very handy. he he he
    You know... you look like your head fell in the cheese dip back in 1957.

As much as everyone wants traps, tripwires and stuff there's too many problems to make them a viable resource in the game, at the moment. Traps are something I would love to do, if there was a better way to implement them. As of right now there isn't a good way that I can see.

As face mentioned first and most obvious is people who would exploit it. If I learned anything from IAL, it's give people an inch, and they'll tale a mile. WHen IAL started, I coded the game because I thought people could be cool, and follow a few simple rules. Eventually i had to hard-code every "rule" in that I thought people could follow. Hell, people were even explioting with animations.

If I made traps that didn't wear down or break, people would just cover their land with them, and then WL would eventually be a giant minefield of people dying all the time. If I made traps that wore down, people would walk all over them just to break them or use them up to be dicks. Then there's the problem of people expliot-ably stacking them improperly to make one hit kills. Right now until LL comes up with some sort of new LSL function, or permissions system, we can't have a lot of the things the devs want to do. But we'll keep trying to think of ways, and new things that might compensate.
    The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly unconcerned that he is standing on a precipice, apparently about to step off.

just an other idea

from playing arround with the mobs a wile ago i figured out if they once shoutet for help and there are a few arround .. better be somewear els.

but what if someone els is there to help?

like somene with a bait that imitates there shouts for help
    like a tape player
    would be like pulling them away to some point u want them to be

the bait should be useles after just a couple of trys so its not like spaming the sim with help shouting all day taht would suck and its not the idea behind

Under the hot, baking sun, The Wastelands

Traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaps....

Also, I like Jubal's thing with meat. Make it so that something gives away human meat, but with proper spicing, you can't (or barely) can tell.

hmm .. me again

i thought about what would be if ppl would help each other with the recipes?
    like that:

theres a receipt u need a skill of 80 .. well for some or the other reason u figured that receipt out .. but u are just level 55.
    and u have a buddy with similar level
    so if u use the maschene together it can be like 55+55 =80 (not 110 caus i think it should be harder all in all to build if both are not the minimum skill level)

similar thing for some recipes that use different skills at once
    like a deatheye and a greenthump need to work together to build a special item like duno a poison arrow gun or something

and at least recieps with higher skill level needet than one person possible can have
    so u need to find someone to help u making ultra high perfomance special rare stuff

similar to that:

something that makes it possible to teach ppl
    like if u are X point (or something) higher than someone els u can help him learn skill faster
    or higher the chance he gains skillpoints
    would be cool to help out new players in the beginning and makes good network between old and new players
    like .. "hey gimme that ironscraps and i teach u to be a krusher today"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast