+ Reply to Thread

Default Raffle for the new areas!

A lot of people have been asking me every few days about parcels in the soon to be renamed Cape of Ruin, so let me explain. There will be 8 small parcels to live on. We're really crunched for resources and need to adhere to VERY STRICT math to get this right. So much of the delay on the new region is making sure we're doing it right. That involves, building, tearing it down and rebuilding to get it just right. What I foresee is that once we get one area done (for certain), we'll make the parcel available for a raffle.

I've been racking my brain to think of the most fair way to make these parcels available when they're done. I think I've come up with a great solution, a raffle. The raffle will be for the opportunity to buy the new parcel, and it will be free to enter. The two requirements to enter the raffle are; that you be at least 6 months old in SL, and you don't currently own land in that region. Upon touching the raffle object and following it's instructions, you will be entered into the raffle. By entering into this raffle, you're agreeing that you are absolutely ready to buy the land flat out when the raffle is over. If you refuse the offer for ANY reason, you will be exempt from future raffles in that region.
    • People who have never-ever owned land in The Wastelands (since July 2011), will receive three entries into the raffle.
    • People who have owned land in the past, but currently do not own land will receive two entries into the raffle.
    • People who currently own land will receive only one entry into the raffle.
    • Devs and estate management are totally exempt!
    • Each raffle will last AT MINIMUM 72 hours from the time of it's announcement, to give everyone in every time zone the opportunity to enter.

Don't get me wrong people who live here already, I love that you support the estate as you do. But I feel it's more responsible to give the people without land a slightly better opportunity to acquire it because they don't have a home, and this method doesn't leave existing residents in the dust.

Land on this region will be non-group-deedable, non-transferrable, and non-sellable for 1 month AFTER the final parcel is made available. So you're stuck with it! If you want to abandon it early, or I have to reclaim it, I'll just raffle it away again.

With all that said, I'm proud to announce the first of 8 areas that will be available: The Oasis! The Oasis is kind of a marshy area in the middle of the sands -- the last safe place to camp before heading out across the dunes. The natural rock formations make good shelter from the blowing sands, and the murky water is full of essential nutriments for the long journey! This first raffle ends on the morning of Thursday, Feb 26th.

We'll still be working on the area while we work on the rest of the region, but for the most part it's all done. The habitable area won't change. Because of the nature of the region, you can't see the parcel boundaries normally. So I've coded up a thing that looks like a group of rocks, that anyone can click to rez a nice green square to show the parcel boundaries!

The remaining seven areas shall remain a secret until they're completed.
    Last edited by NeoBokrug; 02-23-2015 at 01:04 AM.
    The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly unconcerned that he is standing on a precipice, apparently about to step off.

will there be a wonderwall?
    I eat your Face.

No. ( I hate that song. )
    No. ( No sneak peeks. )
    Last edited by NeoBokrug; 02-23-2015 at 09:54 AM.
    The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly unconcerned that he is standing on a precipice, apparently about to step off.

Does salvage spawn in the Oasis?

BTW, I hated that song too, till I heard this cover: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NIoV1chtks
    Again make peace,
    Again give pardon,
    Forgive again and again . . .

Salvage will spawn on each of the new areas -- but right now it doesn't and only spawns on the ground.
    The new region will require a "special" spawner just for that region, and I haven't had time to code it up.

Area #2 is ready! The Desert Cave! Topside is endless hot sand, but below is a cool cave to escape the opressive sun! This area is unique in that you're allowed to decorate outside your cave, AND inside your cave (but you're still limited to 140 prims). The cave uses the same scripted mechanic as Aegs cave, but is vastly different in destination appearance. There is a parcel boundary rezzer up top, and inside. The inside one is a bit hard to see, but it's there.

Finally, there's one exception in that I am willing to alpha out and phantom the (currently covered) 3 extra cave exits if you want to buy the same kit and expand your cave with object anchoring AND staying within the black bounding box. As per usual feel free to extend your object anchoring as far as you can go on your level!

The parcel boundary thing is the small pile of sand at near a pillar outside.

The Raffle object is inside the cave, and the raffle ends on Friday Morning!
    Last edited by NeoBokrug; 04-03-2015 at 01:58 AM.

Area #3 is ready! The Warehouse Distribution Center. Just like the other areas it's 256sqm, 140 prims, and you can anchor out as far as you can! This one took a while because I didn't like my initial idea -- and scrapped it. Instead this build is a bit of a throwback to my days before SL, when I was a driver for DHL. Yup! I was one of those crazies who literally run around all day picking up and delivering packages, letters, and more for 13 hours a day. I once lifted a motorcycle engine into my van all by myself.

The Raffle for this area will end on Sunday Morning.