+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default NickCitrus and Apo Dig Some Holes

DAY 1: THE DIGGENING

Edited to remove some OOCery and HUD messages and the like.

[Nick and Apo meet down by the Stygian crater]

[18:57] Aposiopesis Fullstop waves! "Oi there, Nick!"
    [18:57] NickCitrus: "Was I sposed to bring bags?"
    [18:58] NickCitrus nods to Apo.
    [18:58] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Woulda helped, mebbe. But I got plenty. Plus, all else fails, I got lots o' barrels we can fill an' try to roll up. Sacks seemed easier, fer now."
    [18:59] NickCitrus shrugs, "I assumed the Witch be havin' the sacks fer us."
    [19:00] NickCitrus: "There an extra shovel in this pile?"
    [19:00] NickCitrus: ((I totally came prepared...))
    [19:00] Aposiopesis Fullstop chuckles. "Nah. I don' think she cares how we get 'em up there, just that we do."
    [19:01] Aposiopesis Fullstop peers through the sacks. "Mebbe? If not, I know Digger sells some mighty fine ones out in Wastelands proper..."
    [19:01] NickCitrus sighs and rummages around in the pile.
    [19:02] Aposiopesis Fullstop shakes her head. "Nah, looks like I brought just the one. Ye weren't expectin' to dig through by HAND, were ye? The Witch ain't quite that demandin'. ....Quite."
    [19:03] NickCitrus chuckles, "Like I be said'n! I thought the Witch be hafin' the sacks 'n equipment fer us!"
    [19:05] NickCitrus: "I'll be back then. Maybe I can," he pauses to air quote, "borrow some."
    [19:05] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Thought sure I put one on the cart, though. Bet it just fell out. Gimme a mo, I'll go an' retrace steps."
    [19:05] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Oi oi oi, now - ye ain't stealin' from nobody on my watch! 'Specially not the Witch, gods help ye. I'll only be a bit..."

[Apo heads back up the slope and looks around, trying to see if the shovel jarred itself out of her cart. She heads back up the crater rim, emptyhanded, and looks down to see a total lack of Nick. Turning north, she sees him, shovel in hand, running away from Rusting Buzzards.]

[19:09] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "I.... I just ain't gonna ask where it was you found that. I'm gonna just assume it's the one I dropped."
    [19:09] NickCitrus: "I'll assume it is the one ye dropped too."
    [19:10] Aposiopesis Fullstop closes her eyes and mutters.
    [19:10] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "A'ight, you, let's just get to work..."
    [19:11] NickCitrus: "Ye know, these 'ere shovels would make a nice smasher."
    [19:12] Aposiopesis Fullstop grins. "I know it! Not t'mention that other tool Sandusky always had - got an axe bit on it, an' a pick bit on it, an' it'd fuck a skull right up!"
    [19:14] NickCitrus looks at all the ash and squints.
    [19:14] NickCitrus: "It be edible?"
    [19:14] NickCitrus: "Mebbe that Witch gonna use it fer a Nick stew."
    [19:14] Aposiopesis Fullstop scratches her head, leaving a smear of soot behind. "Eh?"
    [19:15] NickCitrus: "Ye know, her lil' body needs sustnice too. Mebbe by eatin' this 'ere black stuff."
    [19:15] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Naah. Witch eats foods like anythin' else do. Likes Frut, 'specially. Keep that in mind, if ye need to get on her good side."
    [19:16] NickCitrus: "Frut with ash, eh?"

[Something thumps to the ground nearby.]

[19:16] Aposiopesis Fullstop digs again, then glances around. "...Keep thinkin' I heard sommin'. Must jus' be clumps o' ash..." She shrugs and returns to the labor.
    [19:16] NickCitrus: "Sprinkle a bit at breakfast 'n ye have a nice meal."
    [19:17] NickCitrus puts his hand to his ear, "I hear bubblin' ya mean that?"
    [19:18] Aposiopesis Fullstop pauses. "Y'know, coulda been a bubble. Was a big thump sort sound."
    [19:20] NickCitrus burps.
    [19:20] Aposiopesis Fullstop pants and rubs her forehead, leaving a large dark smear.
    [19:21] NickCitrus starts to cough from the burp smell trapped under his mask.

[Another thump.]

[19:22] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) shouts: (peers over the edge) "Look how hard smoothskins work for a favor from a mutant witch!"
    [19:22] Aposiopesis Fullstop peers up.
    [19:22] Aposiopesis Fullstop shouts: "Who's up there?"
    [19:22] NickCitrus looks around puzzled. "Witch? That ya?"
    [19:23] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) shouts: "A buzzard!"
    [19:23] NickCitrus whispers: "Dun stop diggin', she knows."
    [19:24] NickCitrus starts to dig faster.
    [19:24] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) shouts: (laughter can be heard echoing through the crater)
    [19:25] NickCitrus shakes his head.
    [19:25] Aposiopesis Fullstop mutters, "Aye, I dunno. They want trouble, or wanna steal our deal, they gotta come down an' fight in person. I ain't gonna stop diggin' fer no good call..."
    [19:26] NickCitrus: "Somethin' smells fishy 'n it ain't me."
    [19:26] NickCitrus pulls down his mask to sniff his pit. "Mebbe a bit o' me there."
    [19:27] Aposiopesis Fullstop shakes her head. "Great big stanky crater fulla fumes, an' can still smell yer dang pits..."
    [19:27] The Wastelands: Minxx wanders away.
    [19:27] NickCitrus: "Eggs 'n fish, ya smell?"
    [19:28] Aposiopesis Fullstop nods. "Thass 'bout right, aye!"
    [19:28] NickCitrus: "Thems be lady smells."
    [19:28] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Wonder why is that lava smells like eggfish."
    [19:29] NickCitrus: "Them bubbles could be eggfish burps."
    [19:29] NickCitrus: "Sounds mighty fine tasty..."
    [19:29] NickCitrus: "Ain't even gotta cook 'em!"
    [19:31] NickCitrus shouts: "Witch! Ye still 'ere?!"
    [19:32] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) shouts: "I'm not a witch, just the wind!"
    [19:32] NickCitrus shouts: "Well, Witch. Why ye 'ere? Trade?"
    [19:32] Aposiopesis Fullstop shouts: "I usually like the wind in my hair, but not this time!"
    [19:33] NickCitrus shouts: "Dun e'en think bout attackin' us! Ya see these smashers? 'Magine that in yer face meats!"
    [19:34] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) shouts: (laughter again)
    [19:35] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) shouts: "You like digging rocks? Here I found one!"
    [19:35] NickCitrus: "How many sacks ye think be filled?"

[Another thump - as a rock lands right on Nick]

[19:35] NickCitrus shouts: "HEY!"
    [19:36] NickCitrus: "Yer body will be smashed, ye 'ear me?!"

[Nick runs up the slope to confront the shouting rock-thrower; Apo follows.]

[19:36] Aposiopesis Fullstop peers up. "Irk? Zat you? What you goin' on about, eh?"
    [19:36] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) smiles a toothy grin, "So angry over a small stone. Smoothskins work so hard!"
    [19:37] NickCitrus: "Angry bout a rock that thump me head, yep."
    [19:37] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) smiles at Apo, then at Nick. "Only a small stone, not hurt to much. How many bags of the Witch's dirt have you scooped up today?"
    [19:37] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Witch wants work. I can do work. Prolly gonna be work that does some good for more'n just the Witch, I figger."
    [19:37] Irk (shannonwilsonbell): too much*
    [19:38] The Wastelands: tralala has vanished into the wastes.
    [19:38] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Question is, why's it YOU got so big a bug up yer spindly green butt."
    [19:38] NickCitrus snorts.
    [19:38] NickCitrus: "Got a extra Sheaf up the rump?"
    [19:39] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) cocks his head, "I have no bugs. It was the custom of my tribe to honor workers by throwing small stones at them. Is that not the same for smoothskins?"
    [19:39] NickCitrus: "I'm getting food."

[Nick runs off toward Cormac.]

[Continued in the next post!]

Huh.
    by Aposiopesis, on Flickr
    Last edited by Aposiopesis; 01-26-2016 at 06:12 PM.
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

[19:40] Aposiopesis Fullstop grunts. "You think I'm dumb, eh? You got some problem w' Nick, thass yer business. You got some problem w' the Witch, thass yer business. But you got some problem w' ME, I 'spect to know what an' why."
    [19:41] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) shakes his head, "I have no bugs or problems. If it is a dishonor I will not try to pelt you again."
    [19:42] Aposiopesis Fullstop grumbles. "Lissen, I got me a guess, a'ight..."
    [19:43] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) cocks his head and listens.
    [19:44] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "I can see how is a sore point - you gettin' kicked outta yer own tribe an' all, but the Witch o' some other tribe dealin' big dang favors to dumb ol' know-nothin' Smoothskins." She shrugs.
    [19:46] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "An' by DIGGIN', no less. Thass gotta seem right profane all 'round."

[Nick returns.]

[19:47] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) looks confused, then offers, "I was going to bid many sacks full for the Witch's favor stone but I realized that all I would ask her for is to be of her tribe, and that is an honor that can not be bought."
    [19:47] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) smiles, "But you two go ahead."
    [19:47] Aposiopesis Fullstop pauses a moment, a bit speechless. She blinks.
    [19:48] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Lissen, Irk, iono how Mutant culture works so much, I just know as I hear, but..."
    [19:48] NickCitrus looks at Irk and then to Apo.
    [19:48] NickCitrus whispers to Apo, "That be kinna sad."
    [19:49] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "I know she's put some through the rites. Li'l Kendo, a few spans back, f'rinstance. You talked to her 'bout it? Or... is it the kind o' thing where, if she's innerested in havin' ye, she tells YOU?"
    [19:50] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) looks to the sky, "It will come in its own time if it is to happen. I have been finding things for her, perhaps one day she will see a value in me."
    [19:51] NickCitrus: "Why ain't ye join one o' thems smoothskins tribes?"
    [19:52] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) busts out laughing, then realizes it was a sincere question. "We are... different creatures."
    [19:52] NickCitrus: "Our skin? What else? Yer big-ass feet?"
    [19:53] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) grins
    [19:53] Aposiopesis Fullstop rubs the back of her neck, further smearing ashes. She scuffs the sand with her shoe, creating a tiny landslide that drifts down to the ash heaps below. "Reckon so... But, lissen. Witch knows a lot, but she don' know ever'thin. You got value whether she, or yer old tribe's witch, or ANYBODY says so or not," she declares, gesticulating dramatically and nearly braining Nick with her shovel.
    [19:53] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) blinks.
    [19:53] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) looks at the sky again.
    [19:53] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) whispers: Perhaps.
    [19:53] The Wastelands: Shantiputra has vanished into the wastes.
    [19:54] NickCitrus backs away from Apo yelping, "Woah now! Ya tryin' to smash me head in?"
    [19:54] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) changes the subject, "What will you both ask her for when you have finished the many sacks full?"
    [19:54] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Hard thing to wrap yer head around sometimes, I know. Ain't the same, 'zactly, but i been there. So... iono, jus' think on that, eh?"
    [19:56] Aposiopesis Fullstop shrugs. "I ain't decided yet. I bet we're gonna have to ask fer only one thing, so we're gonna have to agree on it. We're gonna be lucky t' agree on 'Not Gettin' Kicked In Our Respective Groins By A Grumpy Witch.'"
    [19:56] NickCitrus whistles and tries not to make eye contact with Irk.
    [19:56] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) cackles
    [19:56] Irk (shannonwilsonbell): "Wish to never be in her soup."
    [19:57] Aposiopesis Fullstop shivers. "Thass... mebbe a good one..."
    [19:57] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "But she'd honor it by just makin' me a sammich, instead."
    [19:57] NickCitrus: "A Hot, bubbly bath with food swimmin' round me?"
    [19:57] NickCitrus: "Ain't all bad. Ye take what ye can get."
    [19:57] NickCitrus shrugs.
    [19:57] Aposiopesis Fullstop cackles. "Long as the bubblin' don' smell like eggfish."
    [19:57] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) spits as he laughs
    [19:58] NickCitrus: "Eggfish is better than fartghouls."
    [19:58] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) looks concerned for Nick's mental health.
    [19:59] Irk (shannonwilsonbell): "Eggfish?"
    [19:59] Aposiopesis Fullstop looks contemplative. "Aye, I can see how ghouls smell a mite like farts. I always thought some smelled like trashcheese."
    [20:00] NickCitrus: "Trashcheese? Got any o' that on ya?"
    [20:00] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) shakes his head.
    [20:00] Aposiopesis Fullstop points down into the crater and says, matter-of-factly, "Lava stank smells like eggfish."
    [20:01] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) looks where Apo is pointing and nods, "Ah yes, the smell of eggfish. I understand now."
    [20:03] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) sniffs and thinks a moment, "It is a burned eggfish, I think."
    [20:03] NickCitrus: "So, Irk... Yer a witch?"
    [20:03] Aposiopesis Fullstop muses and nods. "Yes. BURNT eggfish...."
    [20:04] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) shakes his head, "I am no witch."
    [20:04] NickCitrus shouts: "Then scram! We busy workin' fer a witch who'll be our servant!"
    [20:05] Aposiopesis Fullstop shushes Nick and waves her hands at him.
    [20:05] Aposiopesis Fullstop shouts: "And by that we just mean she's gonna owe us a favor like she agreed an' we're gonna be 'sponsible about it please don' wake up an' kill us!"
    [20:05] Aposiopesis Fullstop tries to catch her breath.
    [20:05] NickCitrus shouts: "We love ya, yeah!"
    [20:05] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) bows a little, "I will leave you to the digging. May the bags fill fast."
    [20:06] Aposiopesis Fullstop grins a sheepish grin. "Thank ye, Irk. 'Preciate it. Just, uh... lay off the stonethrowin', eh?"
    [20:06] NickCitrus whispers to Irk, "Help out later 'n mebbe I throw somethin' yer way..."
    [20:07] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) shrugs, "It is a great honor in my tribe I do not understand why... but I will not."
    [20:07] Aposiopesis Fullstop smiles. "You be well, Irk. G'luck w' yer hunts."
    [20:07] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) looks suspicious, "What will you throw at me?"
    [20:07] Aposiopesis Fullstop shuffles back down the sands to the ash heaps.

[Nick heads back down as well, shortly thereafter. Then: more digging!]

[20:11] Aposiopesis Fullstop stretches and pants. "A'ight. I think we're mebbe good fer now... Can pick it on up again t'morrow."
    [20:11] The Wastelands: You don't see tralala around anymore.
    [20:11] Aposiopesis Fullstop tries to count up all the sacks.
    [20:12] NickCitrus throws his shovel onto the ground. "Oh thank yes."
    [20:15] Aposiopesis Fullstop heaps bags onto the cart.
    [20:17] Aposiopesis Fullstop heaves the rickety cart through the drifts of ashes and sand. "Oooh, we're gonna hate this hill, ain't we...."
    [20:17] NickCitrus is totally pushing a cart with bags right now.
    [20:18] Aposiopesis Fullstop stretches her neck side to side, takes a grip of the handles, and runs for it!
    [20:18] NickCitrus: "We should dig a better way down 'ere..."
    [20:18] Aposiopesis Fullstop pants. "Aye, mebbe. Or... sommin' wif ropes..."

[They head over to Rusting Buzzards and the construction site.]

[20:21] Aposiopesis Fullstop tips over the cart, shrugs the sack off her shoulder, and scoots them into a rough pile. "Ten! Thass a start, eh..."

[20:22] NickCitrus attempts to count using his fingers. "Is it? I ain't know how these 'ere numbers add up."
    [20:23] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "It.. uh... well, it ain't e'en half. Nor half o' half. But is mebbe...." She counts on her own fingers. "Half o' half o' half?"
    [20:24] NickCitrus raises his hand. "Oh!"
    [20:24] NickCitrus looks down and lowers his hand slowly. "Oh..."
    [20:24] NickCitrus: "Yer the worder."
    [20:25] Aposiopesis Fullstop nods. "An' not so much the numberer...er. But we got this!" She claps her hand amicably on your shoulder, adding to the ashy streaks.
    [20:25] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Imma go rest fer now, though. Good workin' w' ye, though!" She grins broadly.
    [20:26] NickCitrus grins, "Yeah, yeah. Come 'morrow... Stone be mine-ours!"
    [20:26] Aposiopesis Fullstop chuckles. "You keep well, Nick! Watch out fer stones."
    [20:26] Aposiopesis Fullstop walks off, a little wearily, toward The N.
    [20:26] NickCitrus: "Believe me, I be keeping out fer witch stones..."

Some Sort Of Peace
    Last edited by Aposiopesis; 01-26-2016 at 06:13 PM.
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

DAY 2: NIGHT SHIFT

Apo walks back to The N, rubbing her back. She's pretty well covered in ashes. Easing herself into her writing chair, she takes her journal from its spot on her thigh and finds an empty page. Taking up a thin stick of charcoal, she scrawls a few lines in her spidery handwriting, careful not to smear too much ash on the pages.

Not much to be said of today, especially not the day part. I slept most of it away, aching from last night's work. The sun was nearly set by the time I made my way toward the dig site, so I wasn't surprised to hear snoring sounds coming from Nick's place as I passed. Maybe he'd done some digging earlier. Or mebbe Irk brained him harder than either of us thought. Just so long as he's not laid up with Rustmouth like he was this time last span.

I doubt he's shirking, though. He was no end of keen to steal my own sack the other day - he knew not a whit of the Witch or her errands, I don't think. It was just a sack of stuff, an apparent trade, and that was reason enough for wanting. Now that there's the promise of a Witch Stone, of her owing any favor at all... I think that'll be motivation enough.

So, aye, I spent a time digging all by my lonesome. No Nick, no Irk, just the distant sounds of a few scavvers as they ran their rounds. Shoulda been miffed about that - or bored, least - but iono. Gave me time to think.

Nick seems like Good People. A great greedy goof, atimes, but good. He gets... eager, could say. Ahead of hisself, like. But he never comes across too mean-spirited about it. Not to me, least. There's times I want to just strangle him and shove him into a barrel fulla Saul's used underdrawers, but it's in a friendly way. Well, I'd be laughing. That counts for something, yeah?

Still, you come down to it, I don't know all too much about him. There's never time enough to just sit down and talk with someone -- or stand, perform backbreaking labor for a flesh-hungry Mutant Witch, and talk with someone.

The way the auction escalated put me well in mind of that first auction, spans back now. I'd auctioned off the chance to be first feature in a new thing for the Press -- a thing of questions and answers with some of the local folks, one person every moon, maybe. Jubal bid a whopping fifty 55-Gallon Drums for the right -- an absolute ludicrous offer that I couldn't help but take. (I'd just started making my hooch, after all, and good strong barrels were much in need. First few batches et through the barrels I had.) But he'd not named himself. He picked Sandusky.

Sandusky and I had set up in that strange ancient structure he'd dug up, the one out in the southwest of The Wastelands proper. And in that weird old place of mystery, we'd talked of a nearer past - but one no less mysterious, often.

Time wore on, and we called it for a night. I headed on home to my shack in the swamp -- it might even have been in Bloodmoss yet, so long ago it was -- and, what with one thing and another, we never got time to finish. Then he went out on some Big Dig out in the Nothing and I don't think I ever caught up with him since. He comes 'round, I'm sure of it. I'll run on past the Press at times, and swear there's that familiar smell of smokeleaf and campfire, old leathers and fresh earth.

I could have gone on, I know. Should have, even. Put print to what I had, kept goin' with someone else, done as I said I'd do. But it wasn't finished. It hung over me. There's nothing weighs on my mind like words left unwritten or speech unsaid. Every one a link in a chain. Folk say I've a way with words, but it's more they have their way with me.

Anyway.

Guess there's some bit of me that sees the parallels - an auction, an outrageous bid, a chance of favor... and a chance to better get to know one of the people I see around so much, but know so little about.

I still have hardly thought about what I might ask of the Witch, in the end. Hard to see that far. Guess that all I really want right now is just to see things through this time around.

She stops writing and stares at the page a moment. A contemplative look on her ash-covered face, she looks out through the slats of the wall and eyes Sandusky's old build on the corner. Absentmindedly, she touches the corner of the page, running her fingers back and forth along the flimsy paper, her touch leaving traces of grey. She looks down at all the other pages of notes crudely bound within her book - so many other scraps, just as thin, yet taken all together....

A wistful smile tries to venture forth -- until a sudden twinge in her back makes her arm jerk - and she tears the page away from its crudely-sewn spot in the spine. Shocked by the betrayal of her body, she spreads her fingers - and releases her grip on the page. Twice-betrayed, she can only watch as it flutters out the large gap in the wall boards and tries to whirl away across the road.

"...Well, fuckity hell."

Wincing, and reddening somewhat beneath all the soot, she hauls herself up out of the chair and tries to chase down the page before it's seen by anyone else.

Musings
    Last edited by Aposiopesis; 01-26-2016 at 06:14 PM.

Hah..that was great reading!
    Meat is meat and we all gotta eat..

((makes me happy you guys keep yourself entertained.
    im realy currious when i will have to do what in return.
    this will be an interresting day i bet.))
    I eat your Face.

I will be having another auction next month. It'd be super if you continued the storyline there too.
    Meat is meat and we all gotta eat..

DAY 3: DELVING

Yet again, edited to remove some OOCery and HUD messages and the like.

[Apo heads to the dig site, cart laden with sacks stuffed with other sacks, and starts digging, lost in thought. After a short time, Nick crests the rim of the crater.]

[18:50] Aposiopesis Fullstop wipes her brow and looks up, grinning. "Oi there! How's yer noggin'?"
    [18:51] NickCitrus: " 'Lo! Ever seen a purdy woman? It's poundin' like that."
    [18:54] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Only ever' time I look at my reflection." She chuckles. "Sorry t'hear that, though! I think Irk won't give us any more rocks upside the head, though..."
    [18:55] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "An', well, guess that's the good thing of him not havin' a tribe no more - ain't like anyone ELSE of his clan can come pelt us w' rocks, neither."
    [18:55] NickCitrus: "I oughta give 'em a taste of his own medicine..."
    [18:55] NickCitrus cackles and flips his head back.
    [18:56] NickCitrus: "I guess he's a part of Pan's tribe. The two of 'em sure know how'ta pelt ya right smack in the skull!"
    [18:58] Aposiopesis Fullstop laughs. "I'd forgot that about PanPot! Boy's got a good arm on 'im..."
    [18:59] NickCitrus mutters, "I sometimes wish 'e hadn't..."
    [18:59] NickCitrus: "Good fer somethin' though, mebbe 'e'll put that arm to good use 'n fight."
    [19:01] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "I'd like t'see that! Bet he'd straight up kill a body, if he stood to get some hooch from it..."
    [19:01] NickCitrus chuckles really loud, "I dun think 'e loves hooch that much! Just pester 'em till they crumble."
    [19:05] Aposiopesis Fullstop grins. "Pester, indeed!" She digs for a while. "He ain't a bad kid, though, really. Least, not so far as I seen. But we ain't talked all that much, come down to it."
    [19:05] NickCitrus: "Pan 'n ya ain't?"
    [19:09] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Not too terrible much. He comes to the Bazaar sometimes, but is fair busy. Iono, is like so many other folk, really -- I get to know what they're like, their pers'nality an' all, but I don' know shite 'bout where they come from..." She punctuates the thought with a dig. "Or why they come here." Another dig. "Or anythin' else 'bout who they is." She tosses another shovelful of ashes into a sack.
    [19:10] NickCitrus looks off into the sky as he digs. "Does it matter? I'm sure most of us come 'ere 'cause it be safer than most of the rest."
    [19:15] Aposiopesis Fullstop stares at the ground as she digs. "Does it matter," she repeats. "Y'know, all this time I been here, I still cain't figger that out? Sometimes, I think t'meself, nah, it don' matter none. Past is past. We get t' start all o'er here." She digs again.
    [19:15] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "But then I think t'meself, well, e'en then - all I know is that li'l bit I see. Like... like jus' the surface of the water, y'know?" Another dig. "An' I cain't quite be sure how much o' what I see is in the deep o' the water... an' how much is just me own reflection."
    [19:17] NickCitrus: "All we see is what we want. E'en the stuff we ain't be wantin' is something we want. Mebbe ye see yer reflection 'cause it's what ye need."
    [19:22] Aposiopesis Fullstop pauses, shovel halfway in the ash, and looks over her shoulder. "See, that right there shows all I know. Soon as I said that, I was expectin' you to laugh at me for bein' all blather. Mebbe make another joke 'bout farts. But nah - you come up an' say a thing right profound." She smiles softly, shaking her head. She lifts up the scoop of dirt and heaves it into the sack. "...Guess thass what I'm after, mebbe -- that li'l jolt of surprise, learnin' I don' know diddly about squat..."
    [19:23] NickCitrus laughs, "Next time I'll throw in a few farts with my profoundness."
    [19:24] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "They are," she says, "I do admit, of a PROFOUND stank."

[Nick heads to a new patch of ashes.]

[19:25] NickCitrus: "I ain't wanna see shit like Callow doing his evil, but I gotta. I ain't gonna grow if I don't. Them people ain't gonna grow if he don't. It's life 'n it stinks." he pauses for a moment. "Like a fart."
    [19:26] NickCitrus: "A not moving pool ain't fun. Ya gotta be like a big wave."
    [19:26] NickCitrus: "Wave o' farts."
    [19:27] NickCitrus shouts: "Stank up their plans!"
    [19:29] Aposiopesis Fullstop nods, chuckling. "Funniest thing, though. I seen some o' the most evil bastiges I e'er met, here. Folk who just got no end to their selfishness an' greed an' stupidity an' hate..."
    [19:32] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "But... I 'member the times I first show up here, right? An' all the things I feared an' thought of everybody I saw. Iono, I prolly come across as all too trustin' an' nice an' ever'thin, nowdays. But... you ain't got no idea how big a wave o change thass been!"
    [19:35] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "I mean... I thought, the second I dare say word one, ever' last person here would jus' tear me apart. Have me completely destroyed. Fer the first few moons I was here, if anybody else e'en come in the neighborhood, I up an' ran!" She lets out a self-deprecating little laugh.
    [19:36] NickCitrus chuckles, "Ain't all bad if'n ya run as far away as ye can! Some of these folks are people to run from!"
    [19:38] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Thass true! SO true. Callow," she says, jabbing her shovel into the earth with a little more force than quite needed. "Jedi." Jab. "Gill." Gritted teeth, another jab. "Folk whose names I don' even care t' keep on the wind." A stab, a scoop, a tumbling of ashes.
    [19:38] NickCitrus: "Gill? Ain't that a fish?"
    [19:38] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "But... most folk? Better'n ever I dared think."
    [19:41] Aposiopesis Fullstop shakes her head. "Nah. Uh... REAL long story, but... Gill were this hunchback old man what basic'ly killed all the Salvage Masheens an' locked up the only one still workin'. An' he wanted t' kill the Tin Man, who was tryna keep him away from the Masheens. ...An' then Gill shoved that last Masheen o'er the cliff, right up there, an' it landed down here."
    [19:43] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "...An' then we hadta push it all up the slope an' o'er to the Junkyard, an' the Tin Man fix't it, eventual - 'long with the others - but they ain't ne'er worked work the same since."
    [19:44] NickCitrus sighs, "Ain't ring any bells 'ere. Ol' hunchback though? Why'd 'e wanna mess with the masheens? Ain't like progress?"
    [19:46] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "His thinkin' was that he knew a lot 'bout Masheens -- enough t' make 'em able to make anythin'. He thought the Tin Man was only lettin' the Masheens make barely enough for us to get by. Shite weapons, shite ammo, shite ever'thin. So we'd have little, an' fight o'er it all, jus' for his amusement. But Gill..." Another angry jab in the earth. "Oh, Gill was gonna give peace an' plenty!"
    [19:47] NickCitrus: "I'd root fer the guy..."
    [19:49] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Oh, there was many as did. Jubal, f'rinstance -- ne'er a fan o' the 'Tin Tyrant,' him. But.. when the Old Man sabotaged every Masheen, locked up the last one -- an' made us pay him to use it.... AND then cast it down here when the Tin Man come fer it..." She shakes her head. "It came clear that he weren't after peace an' plenty for nobody but hisself. I don' think there was NOBODY on his side after that."
    [19:50] NickCitrus: "Gotta commend a man fer doin' what 'e believes in, I guess..."
    [19:54] Aposiopesis Fullstop grunts. "Course, Tin Main ain't been seen hardly for spans. And... I guess we done okay. But... lotta that's luck, ye gotta know. The Masheens go bad, ain't nobody knows how to fix 'em. Ain't nobody speaks Masheen. So, aye, we cain't make our Crowbills an' our Flayers an' our Rippers an' our Slugthrowers... but we cain't make our Medkits. The Healing Masheen is a hunk o' rust. We cain't make the Cinder Blocks to smash the cacti, nor the flasks to catch the water, so we cain't make no Cure, an' the nest time anybody catches Rustmouth, we're all of us good as dead."
    [19:56] NickCitrus: "Ain't that a bit peaceful? Mainly erybody has the same chance to make it. More together."
    [20:01] Aposiopesis Fullstop shakes her head. "Iono. Thass the hope, fer certain. But there'd still be the folk who have their hoards. Vicious Clobberin' Sticks to spare, Slugthrowers, great stockpiles o' ammunition. The Masheens go down, an' they ain't sufferin'. But anybody else? They're gonna be just chuckin' rocks. We don' know how to make them fancy weapons on our own. We'd be at the mercy o' them folk who had 'em already."

[There's a long stretch of quiet, interrupted only by the sounds of the lava and the digging.]

[20:16] Aposiopesis Fullstop digs a while. "Iono. I may trust folk one on one, an' hope for the best in 'em... but that only goes so far." She lets out a laugh nearly as bitter as the ashes. "Any one person w' power can do fearsome things that e'en a great group cain't forestall." She stops her digging and stretches. "Still. Ye ne'er know. I do like t'be proven wrong about folk..."

Light and Dark

[20:16] NickCitrus: "How many sacks ye think we got?"
    [20:17] Aposiopesis Fullstop looks around. "Well, weren't nobody throwin' stones at us, so it looks t'me like we got a full twenny sacks!" She begins tying them off and heaping them up onto the cart.
    [20:17] NickCitrus: "Sometimes I ain't wanna be proven wrong. I just wanna get the hell away."
    [20:18] NickCitrus: "Twenny's not shabby! Let's go fer dubs next time!"
    [20:18] Aposiopesis Fullstop grins. "Aye. Thass what might happen most, I fear. Times come too hard, an' folk go takin' their chances elsewhere. Back where they come from, or somewhere else besides. If there ain't no Masheen, an' there ain't no us, what makes this better'n the Nothing?" She shrugs.
    [20:19] Aposiopesis Fullstop grins. "Not shabby in the least! We're halfway there now!"
    [20:19] NickCitrus shrugs.
    [20:20] NickCitrus shouts: "Ya 'ear that, Witch?!"
    [20:20] Aposiopesis Fullstop heaves the well-laden cart through the ashen drifts. "Oooof, this hill's gonna be rough..."

[Nick tries to help shove Apo along. The extent to which this is helpful is debatable.]

[20:20] Aposiopesis Fullstop stomps her feet a few times and runs for ti!
    [20:21] Aposiopesis Fullstop pants, nearly backsliding just before the rim. "Aw fer cripes..."

[They get the sacks carted over to the construction site.]

[20:22] Aposiopesis Fullstop grins. "Is comin' along, it is!" She begins to unload the cart and set the heavy sacks along the wall.
    [20:24] NickCitrus: "If'n I din't know any better I'd say these be'd filled with bodies."
    [20:24] Aposiopesis Fullstop shoots Nick a curious look as she sets down a heavy sack. "So ya do know what sacks fulla bodies feel like, eh?"
    [20:25] NickCitrus looks around nervously.
    [20:25] NickCitrus: "No..."
    [20:26] Aposiopesis Fullstop grins. "I was just thinkin' you seemed more the type to leave them lie, as a lesson to others. Mebbe a lil stamp on their heads what read NICK WUZ HEER."
    [20:27] NickCitrus smirks, "Nah, it depends what the client wants or how bad they'll stank up the place."
    [20:30] Aposiopesis Fullstop nods. "Ahh, very true, very true..." She grins.
    [20:31] NickCitrus: "Ye seem like the kind to put a lil' blanket over the corpse to tuck them in fer the big sleep..."
    [20:32] Aposiopesis Fullstop cackles. "Ohhh no. They got left where they lay. An', if'n they'd ired me up enough, I'd swear o'er their rotten corpse loud enough for all else t' hear."
    [20:33] NickCitrus: "Then ya put a bunch o' flowers up on their bodies so the stank ain't so stanked."
    [20:34] Aposiopesis Fullstop laughs. "Nah, but you give me an idea. Next time I gotta put down someone like that, Imma cram a cactus up their gooch."
    [20:34] NickCitrus laughs so loud it sounds like he's screaming.
    [20:34] NickCitrus: "Effective 'n fun!"
    [20:35] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "An' how!" She cackles, slapping her thigh, causing a drift of ash to float off of her.
    [20:37] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Ahh, I really oughta do more streetfightin'. Just treat meself to a coupla headbashings ever moon," she muses.
    [20:37] NickCitrus: "Headbashin' 'n Cactusgoosh'n..."
    [20:38] Aposiopesis Fullstop snickers. "Someone wants to be a prick, imma prick right on back!"
    [20:40] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Thass what I always sorta wanted t'do, as a Merc, y'know. Not just smack the needful upside the head, but give 'em a good yell-at, too, enough to about peel the skin off their faces."
    [20:41] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "If I got some skill w' words - an', er, well, I seem to - make that part o' the package."
    [20:46] NickCitrus: "I think ya gotta yell at 'em in order to peel 'em, ya know? Gotta treat 'em like a prized tater!"
    [20:47] Aposiopesis Fullstop laughs. "Yeah!"
    [20:47] Aposiopesis Fullstop grins. "An'ways. Good talkin' w'ye, as ever! An', er...." She rubs the back of her neck.
    [20:48] Aposiopesis Fullstop pulls down her bandanna; the lower half of her face is less ashen, and makes the top look like a mask. "I know I sorta... ramble on, atimes. 'Specially if anything's put the frets in me, of late. Doin' it again right the fuck now. But, well... thanks for the listenin', Nick."
    [20:49] NickCitrus pulls down his bandanna and says, "Yeah, yeah. Well, dun get used to it."
    [20:49] NickCitrus winks and smirks.
    [20:49] Aposiopesis Fullstop laughs.
    [20:50] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Mebbe next time... if ye want, an'how, I ain't gonna pry," she says, holding up her hands. "You can tell me some more things of you. 'Cause, well, whether it matter or don't... I'd not mind t'know."
    [20:51] NickCitrus shakes his head and throws his hand into the air in front of him.
    [20:51] NickCitrus: "Yeah, yeah. I'll think 'bout it."
    [20:56] Aposiopesis Fullstop chuckles. "Fair 'nough! Imma go wash up. You keep well, a'ight?"
    [20:57] NickCitrus nods. "Ye as well. Take care!"
    [20:57] Aposiopesis Fullstop waves and weaves her way out west.

NickCitrus: Man Of Mystery

DAY 4: BURNING

Edited for OOCery and HUD messages and whatnot.

[Nick digs away on his own for a while.]

[18:23] Aposiopesis Fullstop scurries down the slope and skids a bit. "Oi! Sorry I was late."

[She sets to digging along the south side of the ash heaps.]

[18:23] NickCitrus mutters "Of course..." under his breath.
    [18:24] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Hey, I dug a whole mess o' sacks all by my lonesome t'other day!"
    [18:25] NickCitrus laughs, "I know! I know! I just ain't be wantin' to stay 'ere by myself with ol' rock hands throwin' them at me head."
    [18:27] NickCitrus: "I'll wring his damn neck if'n he tries that again..."
    [18:29] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Irk seems an all right feller, but I still say he's fulla hippo shit 'bout that bein' a gesture of encouragement." She pauses. "Then 'gain, Mutants is WEIRD."
    [18:30] NickCitrus shouts: "I'll encourage a new hole to form in his head if'n a rock hits!"
    [18:31] Aposiopesis Fullstop laughs!
    [18:32] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Almost 'minds me o' that Mutant what came o'er to my old swamp plot - the one w' the weird ancient building comin' up outta the muck - an' tried to chip away an' deface the damn carvings ever' night."
    [18:33] NickCitrus nods his head in agreement but looks puzzled.
    [18:33] NickCitrus: "Carvin's? What?"
    [18:35] Aposiopesis Fullstop clucks her tongue. "I forgot, you weren't here yet, I don' think. This is from back when Bloodmoss Swamp an' Malady Bog weren't impassable toxic pits o' spore an' swamp gas an' suck...."
    [18:36] NickCitrus: "Was it Kendo that tried to chip away at yer place?"
    [18:38] Aposiopesis Fullstop shakes her head. "Nah, he was always fair nice! This was some tall green lass. I ne'er got a good look at her, I don' think. Just saw this big, imposin' form diggin' in the moonlight. Dark green skin, spikes fer hair --" She self-consciously runs an ashen hand through her own hair. "I mean, like, actual quill spikes. An' horns! Fearsome!"
    [18:39] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "I ne'er really talked to her, meself. When I tried t' catch her, she'd just glare at me like... like... like you'd look at Callow, mebbe. Mutter sommin' incomprehensible - some Mutant language, I can only guess - make a hand sign at me that I am SURE did not mean 'friendly greetings,' then hiss and run off."
    [18:40] NickCitrus: "Sure it ain't a greenie? Plenty o' them look like spiked messes of flesh-leaf."
    [18:41] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Ohh no. I heard tell later. Lots o' folk saw her - an' helped her destroy the whole damn temple, in the end."
    [18:42] NickCitrus: "Why'd they even be want'n to do that? Seems like it'd be too much effort."
    [18:45] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Guess she just convinced 'em to help. Or, well... more like she managed to communicate some to my ol' friend Tsukiko. Just enough that Tsu understood what she was sayin', why she wanted the help. Then it were Tsu who put out the call an' got folk to come help the Mutant out. ...E'en though ever'body was sick w' Rustmouth at the time, too, an' the Bog itself were gettin' thick w' spores an' gas..."
    [18:48] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "As fer the REAL why... hm. You ever hear any scary stories growin' up? The sorts o' things folk tell in the dark o' a night, or the things old folk tell kids to make 'em shut the hell up an' act right or else the monsters are gonna get 'em?"
    [18:50] NickCitrus: "Yeah, yeah. Growin' up we had a bunch o' them stories about sea monsters or metal ships snatchin' people."
    [18:55] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Oooh..." She opens her mouth, a torrent of questions clearly about to flood out - but she bites her tongue and sticks to the topic. "Well, imagine you go somewhere, find a new settlement... an' find one o' them real an' fer actual ships. Mebbe w' some skeltons strewn 'round."
    [18:59] NickCitrus: "We've done that. Them Allens ain't gonna scare me. Theys dead anyhow."
    [19:01] Aposiopesis Fullstop nods. "Well, she weren't scared, I don' think. More... righteously pissed. I mean... them carvings was gruesome all right - some mutant gettin' sacrificed, plant growin' up outta his gorram open-up chest, pillars covered w', just, spirals o' suffering and wounded Mutants... but, well, that was normal for all I knew! For her, it was just.... THE most profane thing I think she ever saw."
    [19:02] NickCitrus nods his head, "Ye ain't mention that! That's unnerstandable. If'n they show people like 'er suffer'n, well... Tear that shit up!"
    [19:05] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Oh aye. I... only got the story through hearsay, but... y'know how Mutants is proud o' bein' strong. An' how the King of Fire s'posedly got no patience fer the weak or cowardly. ...'Parently, the stories she got told was... there was a clan of Mutants who figgered that the more suffering they endured, the stronger they'd be. The more the King of Fire would bless 'em. So they just started fuckin' folk up in all manner o' torturous ways. Thinkin' it'd make the plants grow, make the sickness leave." She shakes her head.
    [19:07] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "I mean, I looked at it, I figgered it were just one tribe o' Mutants w' a whole bunch o' captured slaves from some other tribe. Not that THAT ain't a buncha fuckin' shite, too, but, y'know. But fer a tribe t' do that to their own people..." She shivers. "An' thass where I lay my head ever' night, not e'en knowing."

Stygian II

[19:15] NickCitrus: "Mebbe better not to wonder why it happens. Yer rage builds up if'n ye think more 'n more 'bout it. Mebbe that's how ye start doin' it. It's a circle of hurt."
    [19:17] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Could be. You try hard enough to make that make sense, an'... you just end up changin' yourself around it. Like when ye try an' use a too-weak tool 'round a too-heavy thing. Tool jus' bends around it. Or snaps."
    [19:19] NickCitrus: "Or it's dull enough to hurt ya worse."
    [19:19] NickCitrus: "Do ye think it's better to kilt those bastards or let them live out their days? Ain't we as bad if'n we kill?"
    [19:22] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Hard tellin'. I like t' think that folk can change. I seen it happen, a time or two. You kill somebody, you ain't just killin' the past-person that did the deed, nor the now-person that is mebbe not e'en sorry. Yer also killin' that future-person who mebbe does good someday."
    [19:26] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "But... sometimes, you just got no reason to think a body's gonna do good e'er again. Sometimes, there ain't no amount o' good they could EVER do to outweigh what they done."
    [19:27] NickCitrus: "Is that worth it though? To wait fer them to do a good enough deed? I ain't gonna allow them to slave, murder, or ransack more. It's too risky let'n 'em live."
    [19:28] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Aye. An', see, thass where I got trouble. 'Cause I cain't abide slavers. But if there's work to be done and bodies that can do it - an' bodies that ain't good for nothin' else, 'cause they used up their right to make choice in their life - then, iono. Mebbe chain 'em up an' have 'em toil t'death."
    [19:30] NickCitrus: "Like Callow? He'd make a might' fine worker. How I'd like to tie that bastard up..."
    [19:31] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "BUT. Ain't that just the same thing? Usin' their suffering to try an' be some great boon to the tribe? Using their suffering to make the world better? Is a tough call. Mebbe a slug through the brainpan is just more fair all 'round."
    [19:33] NickCitrus: "I ain't sayin' I'd slave him. I'd put a few more holes in his body 'n lock him up unnderground. I already made the mistake of throwin' his body in 'er sea..."
    [19:33] Aposiopesis Fullstop nods solemnly. "I'd thought that'd be the end of 'im."

[There are a few quiet moments of digging.]

[19:38] Aposiopesis Fullstop glances back. "Y'know that weren't yer fault, though, aye?"
    [19:39] NickCitrus: "How is it not? He ain't be hurtin' people now if I din't dump his body into the sea..."
    [19:43] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "You din't have any call to think he'd come back Ghoul. Thass rare. An' you din't have any call to think he'd make it back to shore. You tried to get that body out into the Nothing - out where weren't nobody gonna find it, weren't nobody gonna meet him, out where e'en his sodden sodding BONES would ne'er trouble the eyes o' a single soul again. An' it were just... shite luck. The shitest of it."
    [19:46] NickCitrus: "I din't do enough still. I should've chopped his body into piece so small ain't no one gonna stitch it back up. Ain't no way he'd walk 'round anywhere 'gain to harm people like Sam and Marko..."
    [19:52] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "But it ain't yer fault, though. What Callow does - e'en now - is his doing. It ain't you controllin' his brain. It... ain't e'en him, anymore, not 'zactly. You din't make him what he is. I don' blame you. I'm sure Kaya don' blame you. Sam prolly ain't ever thought t' blame nobody for it. E'en Marko prolly don't blame you." She stops digging and looks at you, covered in ashes, as the surprisingly thick smoke rises from the caldera behind her. "But I can tell you: the day will come when we will see him burn."
    [19:54] Aposiopesis Fullstop begins tying off all the sacks.
    [19:55] NickCitrus chokes up. "I'll see it that he burns so badly that some day some sucker'll dig his ashes up fer a greedy witch. I won't stop till he cain't hurt no soul no more. E'en if it means..."
    [19:55] NickCitrus begins to cough and looks away from Apo.
    [20:00] NickCitrus stutters, "I... Uh... I better be off, if'n ya dun mind..."
    [20:00] Aposiopesis Fullstop pays particular attention to the tying of the sack, and doesn't seem to notice. Quietly, though, she says, "You ain't gonna end up like him, Nick. No matter how hard ye hate." She stacks the sacks onto her cart and looks up. "I don' know all that much 'bout yer beforetimes, but... I know enough to know that ain't you."
    [20:01] NickCitrus gets quiet and helps you with a few bags.
    [20:02] Aposiopesis Fullstop whispers. "An' if that BECOMES you... well, don' fret. I'll chop yer body into pieces so small ain't no one gonna stitch 'em, and imma dump 'em in this eggfish-stankin' lava."
    [20:03] NickCitrus grins a bit, "Ye better or else I'll haunt yer ass..."
    [20:04] Aposiopesis Fullstop shakes her head. "Ye can't just go hauntin' somebody else's ass..." She laughs, claps you on the shoulder, and says "A'ight, le's make a delivery, eh?" A moment of stretching, and then she runs up the slope.

[Nick follows, and twenty more sacks are unloaded at the construction site.]

[20:05] NickCitrus: "Ya know... We should hire some lackeys to carry this up fer us..."
    [20:06] Aposiopesis Fullstop strokes her chin. "Y'know, I been thinkin' about that..."
    [20:07] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "I know we got..." There's a small flurry of filthy fingers as she counts. "Three hands o' sacks left t'go now. An' I also know ol Bartleby's still in town. I'm thinkin' his Sand Hippo mebbe could haul a whole load o' ash..."
    [20:08] NickCitrus chuckles, "That's better than me plan of usin' lil' Panpot."
    [20:09] Aposiopesis Fullstop grins. "Panpot can load the Hippo! Thass the only thing I fretted on - Bartleby don' seem like he got the strength to load up the cart hisself."
    [20:09] NickCitrus: "I ain't e'en think the boy can reach the unner bely o' the beast!"
    [20:10] NickCitrus: "Ain't no way he'll be able to reach that high 'n load 'er up."

[Apo spies a crate nearby and heads over to it.]

[20:12] Aposiopesis Fullstop sifts some scrap out of the sand. "Nuts an' Bolts! May be useful. An' so... may sommin' like this," she says, kicking a boot toward the sledge.
    [20:13] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Mebbe Bartleby has got sommin' of the sort already. Panpot could just pile on the sacks w' his unsappable boy-energy. Bartleby could sit comfy atop an' just herd Sheila 'round...."
    [20:15] NickCitrus rubs his hands together, "Gett'n that boy to do me work... I ain't see a downside in sight."
    [20:15] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Imma go try an' track that ol' feller down! Could you keep eyes out for 'im, too? Iono where he hides out, but I know he ain't left town yet..."
    [20:16] The Wastelands: Akiko walks into the distance.
    [20:16] NickCitrus nods, "Yeah, I still need a sack o' them stoneseeds he was blatherin' on 'bout. I wanna prank Panpot with 'em!"
    [20:16] Aposiopesis Fullstop laughs. "Nor I! Mebbe we can get all them last sacks done in one big go... then haul the cart right on o'er to the Bazaar! That'll impress that ol' Witch!"
    [20:16] NickCitrus chuckles.
    [20:17] NickCitrus: "Make sure we ain't tell them 'bout the stone though. Ain't want thems wantin' our loot, no way."
    [20:18] Aposiopesis Fullstop nods. "I think Bartleby wouldn't be no danger, but aye - ne'er really know...."
    [20:19] NickCitrus: "Panpot'll try to throw it, that's fer sure. Prolly ain't e'en innerested in a favor."
    [20:20] Aposiopesis Fullstop glances at the sky. "Aight, I'm off t' hunt a codger! Good luck w' the anklebiter, Nick. If nothin' else, we can meet up fer more diggery in a coupla days an' do it the hard way."
    [20:20] NickCitrus nods. "All right with me. Catch ya 'round."
    [20:21] Aposiopesis Fullstop waves!

A Very Cunning Plan