+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

[The first of probably many posts wrapping up this bit of the story! Yet again, edited for OOCness and so forth.]

[09:45] Aposiopesis Fullstop stretches and wipes her brow. "Oi there, Nick! Hope Bartleby an' I din't keep ye awake much w' the buildin'."
    [09:46] NickCitrus rubs the top of his head, "Buildin'...?"
    [09:48] Aposiopesis Fullstop grins widely underneath her scarf. "Buildin'! We took up some o' that scrap ye pointed out, an' put sides on that ol' sledge. Then attached some chains! Is lookin' real good now!"
    [09:48] NickCitrus looks at Apo funny, "At me place,,,?"
    [09:50] Second Life: You posted to Flickr.
    [09:50] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Well, we did move o'er toward the FTA a bit, once we found all the stuffs we thought we'd need. Guess we weren't all too loud after all!"
    [09:51] NickCitrus: "Did I happen to pull out a flask some time last night?"
    [09:52] Aposiopesis Fullstop hums a bit, tapping the handle of her shovel. "Y'know, I do believe ye did!"
    [09:53] NickCitrus mutters, "No wonder I feel like shit..."
    [09:54] NickCitrus: "Remind me to yell or thank Kaya."
    [09:54] Aposiopesis Fullstop laughs. "What kind o' rotgut was it? Second question: have ye got more?"
    [09:56] NickCitrus laughs, "I dun e'en know! Found a bottle at 'er place 'n borrowed some. Goes down smooth enough, if'n that's correct... Memory kinda fades a bit."
    [09:56] Bartleby Ricantaur slowly, carefully, eases the Sand Hippo and cart down the slope. "Hallo, folks!"
    [09:57] NickCitrus nods to Sheila and Bartleby, " 'Lo!"
    [09:57] Aposiopesis Fullstop smiles. "Oi there, Bartleby! Get any sleep las' night?"
    [09:59] Bartleby Ricantaur: "Oh, a mite!" He holds up a hand, as if to forestall any further question. "I been happy to help! Been a fair time since last I did a thing w' me hands!"
    [10:00] Bartleby Ricantaur waggles the fingers of that upheld hand, then surveys it. "Ooh, mighta earn't a coupla new scars..."
    [10:00] Aposiopesis Fullstop grins, then waves to PanPot. "Heya, kid! You ready fer the big challenge?"
    [10:01] PanPot: "I am readys to drinks, yes."
    [10:02] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Work first, hooch after -- thass how grownups do it." She snickers, and looks over at Nick.
    [10:03] NickCitrus burps, "Yeah, boy! Work yer lil' ass off 'n ye'll get it!"
    [10:05] PanPot: whispers: "Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic e."
    [10:06] NickCitrus: "Is that the only thing e'er on yer mind, boy?"
    [10:06] Second Life: You posted to Flickr.
    [10:07] PanPot shakes his head, "No, I like rocks 'n bugs 'n fish 'n birds 'n rocks 'n..."
    [10:07] NickCitrus: "All right! All right! I get it!"
    [10:07] Aposiopesis Fullstop whispers back. "Laaaaaaaterrrr. F'real, lad - I'd not drink any, meself, down here -- the lava's a fell threat sober, much less stinkin'. Now, candy, on t'other hand..."
    [10:11] PanPot: "What kind of candys?"
    [10:11] Burnee V. (burnvictim) slides down the side of the caldera making sure not to slip as dust & pebbles tumble down from his feet, "Oy!" Burnee shouts trying to gain the peoples attention. As he lands at the bottom with soft thud of his boots breaking his fall he would slightly collapse to one of his knees losing his balance & quickly picking his self back up before anyone could notice. After brushing dirt/dust off of his legs and shirt he looks up to the group of Wastelands & simply asks, "Well what in the hell is this then?"
    [10:11] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "What kind," she drawls conspiratorially, "do ye like?"
    [10:13] Aposiopesis Fullstop looks up toward all source of all the noise. "Oi yerself. Diggin' up some ash fer the Witch."
    [10:13] NickCitrus: "Why ain't ye mind yer damn own!"
    [10:15] Aposiopesis Fullstop chuckles. "Thass one o' them things I 'preciate of ye, Nick. You know when t' NOT be fulla words an' tact."
    [10:16] Bartleby Ricantaur smirks. He rubs a boot along Sheila's back as she flicks an ear in the direction of the newcomer. "Steady, lass! Just the same feller we met yest'day..."
    [10:16] NickCitrus: "I just ain't wantin' some strange man with 'er funny hat knowin' me own is all."
    [10:17] Bartleby Ricantaur looks over his shoulder. "Save me, aye?" He winks a bright blue eye.
    [10:18] Aposiopesis Fullstop pauses and leans on her shovel, panting. "Ye ain't get t'know EVERY story, Longbeard!" Wiping an ashen, sweaty lock of hair from her face, she returns to digging.
    [10:19] Burnee V. (burnvictim) glares at Nick with his good eye & his glass one trailing off in another direction, "Now I didn't ask ya who ya were did I? I only asked what the hell was going on, which the nice lady here seemed more than capable; so you can go take a dip right in that caldera for all I care." He laughs heartily & leans over patting Sheila on her side feeling more at ease with her presence, "Mornin' Girlie." Burnee says out loud as he continues to affectionately pat the Sand Hippo/
    [10:19] NickCitrus chuckles, "I can trust ya 'cause I've traded with ye 'n seen ye 'round."
    [10:21] NickCitrus: "Caldera? What this buzzard lover yappin' 'bout?"
    [10:21] Burnee V. (burnvictim) smirks, "All in good fun then.." He pauses for a moment retracting his hand from Sheila and now twiddling his fingers, "So uhhh the witch you say? What's so important that creature would have ye down here in the blistering heat?" Burnee says scratching his face & looking on at the both of them trying to make sense of everything.
    [10:22] NickCitrus: "Dun open yer trap, Apo. 'E ain't need to know!"
    [10:22] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Is another word for "Big Fuckoff Pit O' Lava," she explains.
    [10:24] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "An', aye. Hard to 'splain while in the midst o' doin' the labor," she says, in tones of strained patience. "But I know she got other jobs fer them as want work. Scrapin' birdshit off Fissure rocks, fer one."
    [10:27] Burnee V. (burnvictim) folds his arms staring at the both of you then laughs out loud at the mention of shoveling bird shit, "Weeel I dunno bout you but that looks like a job fer you two fine folks." HE now places his hands into his pockets and makes sortof a half shrug, "Looks like ya'll do a fine job O' that already." Burnee says as he know kicks some dirt/sand off to the side out of boredom.
    [10:27] NickCitrus grits his teeth.
    [10:29] Aposiopesis Fullstop continues digging. "Aye, we been doin' a great job, ain't we? All told, I had a fine time. But, as we ain't got no more need o' hands, an' as you ain't seem t' be arsed to do nothin' for nobody, I guess there just ain't much more t'be said on it."
    [10:32] Burnee V. (burnvictim) shakes his head and looks at the ground, "Well ya could'a asked..." Feeling like he's overstayed his welcome Burnee says, "Welp I'll leave ya lot to it..." as he turns away & trails back up the caldera wall. Once to the top he looks down at the group and says, "Best of luck with shovelin' yer bird shit!" Kicks a few more pebbles down & walks off.
    [10:34] Aposiopesis Fullstop: shouts: "These are ASHES, fella." She calls up the correction, and a snigger of laughter echoes around the crater.
    [10:34] Burnee V. (burnvictim) shouts back, "Definitely bird shit." He smirks a big shit eating grin as he walks off out of ear shot.
    [10:39] Aposiopesis Fullstop shakes her head. "Wanna come down all talk, ask others' bizness, an' mock on those who'd do hard work fer fair trade? Iono where that lad come from, but I don' think is gon' end well fer 'im." She laughs and continues filling up sacks.
    [10:40] NickCitrus laughs, "Buzzards work harder than 'em! Bet 'e's been sittin' on his ass waitin' fer hand outs!"
    [10:41] Aposiopesis Fullstop cackles. "Ain't be s'prised!"
    [10:42] Bartleby Ricantaur: "Talked to him an' a pal o' his las' night. Said they was local boys - din' hardly know there was no settlements elsewhere," he muses.
    [10:43] NickCitrus: "I ain't seen him 'round fer that long. Think'n the first time hav'ta be the auction?"
    [10:43] NickCitrus: "Local me ass..."
    [10:44] Aposiopesis Fullstop nods. "I think I seen him a time or two afore. Heard of 'im, though -- makin' trouble up by Aeg, tryna exact 'tolls.'" She snorts. "Knows enough t'know juuuust what kinda trouble t' try an' cause, I s'pose -- but not enough t' know no better."
    [10:46] NickCitrus: "Sounds a lot too much like Flit fer me good... Reckon 'e'll get that yappin' mouth of his kicked, with a few teeth out by the week."
    [10:48] Aposiopesis Fullstop nods. "Thass what I cain't stand well," she admits. "Folk ask me atimes how I got such patience w' the new an' the addled, but thass the easy thing. Them who know they don' know, but who ask things an' wanna learn... for them, I got patience fer days."
    [10:50] Aposiopesis Fullstop jabs a shovel into the ashes. "BUT. Them who think they already know -- who practic'ly come up tryna tell us all our lives an' ways is wrong, for it don' suit their happiness..." She hoists the heavy shovelful and sinks it into an open sack, watching the thick ashes tumble away. "I'll give as can fer a while, in hopes is allll jus' misunderstandin'."
    [10:51] NickCitrus: "New'ns always think they're the top dog 'round 'ere. Strollin' 'round like an idiot thinkin' they cain't be touched."
    [10:51] Aposiopesis Fullstop stabs the shovel into the ground again. "But comes a point where they can go scratch."

The Gang's All Here by Aposiopesis, on Flickr
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

[10:51] NickCitrus: shouts: "Yeah! Scratch me ass, buzzard lovers!"
    [10:52] Aposiopesis Fullstop laughs!
    [10:52] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "But, wait, who don' love buzzards?"
    [10:53] NickCitrus looks at Panpot, "Uh, boy, shut yer ears."
    [10:53] PanPot nods and puts his hands over his ears.
    [10:53] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Hard labor, candy, swears, an' hooch. We ain't should ne'er be 'round kids."
    [10:54] NickCitrus: "The other kind o' lovin', Apo. The kind no man should probably do. Hell, the amount o' feathers flyin' 'round with the squakin' is enough to make me squirm."
    [10:54] Aposiopesis Fullstop cackles. "Aw, aye. An' it'd fair tickle, too!"
    [10:57] Aposiopesis Fullstop turns to PanPot. "An'way! You wanna start on loadin' up the cart?"
    [10:57] PanPot still has his hands covering his ears, "What?"
    [10:58] Aposiopesis Fullstop wipes her hand down her face, leaving great ashy streaks. She points exaggeratedly to the pile of sacks, and then to the cart.
    [10:58] PanPot: "Whaaaat?"
    [10:59] PanPot: "Can I uncovers my ears now?"
    [11:00] Aposiopesis Fullstop: shouts: "YES, PANPOT, YE CAN UNCOVER YER DANG EARS."
    [11:00] PanPot giggles, "Okay."
    [11:01] PanPot: "These bags be biggers than me!"
    [11:01] NickCitrus: "Boy, quit starin' at the bags 'n move them please."
    [11:01] PanPot attempts to pick up a bag and falls over, being crushed by a bag.
    [11:02] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Aw, fer cripes....
    [11:02] PanPot whispers, "Help..."

[After a few minutes' work, the ash sack is hoisted up and PanPot gets upright again.]

[11:16] PanPot goes back and forth between the pile of sacks and the sledge, hauling them on it.
    [11:20] PanPot wipes the sweat off his brow onto his pants.
    [11:20] PanPot huffs and puffs, "That enoughs?"
    [11:21] Aposiopesis Fullstop looks over. "You doin' a'ight there, kid? You need a breather? There's still... mebbe three more stacks where that come from."
    [11:22] PanPot: "I gots it! Juiced candy is mine!"
    [11:22] PanPot spits near the sledge like a working man.
    [11:22] Aposiopesis Fullstop rubs her chin. "...Hmm. Now there's an idea..."
    [11:22] PanPot lifts the heavy ash-sack back to the sledge.
    [11:23] NickCitrus: "Sweet 'n potent? I'll take fifty!"
    [11:24] Aposiopesis Fullstop mutters to herself as she digs. "Brew up some strong plain hooch.. stick in some types o' candy. I'm sure the candy'd dissolve real nice. Shite, I had batches what dissolved BARRELS real nice!"
    [11:24] PanPot drags the last bag of ash to the sledge, panting as he slowly moves.
    [11:24] PanPot gets onto the ground and uses his back to haul the last sack onto the sledge.
    [11:25] NickCitrus looks way too pleased with himself...
    [11:25] Aposiopesis Fullstop looks over. "Yer 'bout half done, lad! Why not have a sit up by Bartleby, eh? Li'l bit outta the way o' the heat?"
    [11:26] NickCitrus: "Looks like we got ourselves a might' fine bizness plan... Tradin' that at the next auction 'n come home with full pockets."

[Nick and Apo keep digging quietly for a while, and PanPot keeps loading sacks.]

[11:58] Aposiopesis Fullstop leans heavily on her shovel and pants. Wearily, she ties off the last sack. "Here go, kid..."
    [12:00] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "You 'bout ready up there, Bartleby?"
    [12:02] Bartleby Ricantaur snorts and pulls his hat from over his eyes. "Wide wake. Bright eyed. Coiled spring." He clears his throat.
    [12:04] Aposiopesis Fullstop grins. "A'ight then, let's head on up!" She heaves herself up onto some sacks and settles in.

[They all get onto the sledge and try to find comfortable ((that is, plausible-looking)) spots to rest among the sacks.]

[12:16] Bartleby Ricantaur jabs a heel at Sheila. "HUP, Sheila!" The beast begins to haul…

[They slowly make their way up the slope. The Sand Hippo lumbers along, sand sliding away under its huge feet, and it begins to slip backwards.]

[12:17] Bartleby Ricantaur: "C'MON, girl!" he urges.

[With another burst of effort, the Hippo crests the top of the ledge and hauls the sledge out onto the flat sands of Stygian. They keep moving along toward the southwest.]

[12:20] Bartleby Ricantaur bumps along a particularly rocky bit of ground. "Oi, pardon that!"

[At the border between Stygian and Cormac, the sledge jolts and everyone falls off. After a few minutes, everyone gets settled back in again.]

[12:24] Bartleby Ricantaur looks back over his shoulder. "All good back there?" Excitement is plain in his voice, and Sheila stamps at the ground.
    [12:26] NickCitrus groans from the massive bump. "Keep 'er movin'!"
    [12:26] Bartleby Ricantaur hoots and digs his heels in! "HYA, Sheila!"

To The Schooner! by Aposiopesis, on Flickr
    Last edited by Aposiopesis; 02-08-2016 at 12:22 PM.
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

[The Sand Hippo lopes toward the Sand Schooner with surprising speed. Just for added points of style, Bartleby rounds the firepit. The sledge comes to a swerving, sand-spraying halt on the west side.]

[12:27] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer): "if yous ask these. all of them be same. no be different. all be eat"
    [12:28] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) she grins mean and shoves a little woodscrap into the fire to mix up the embers a little
    [12:28] Bartleby Ricantaur tramples in on Sheila the Sand Hippo, fully-loaded sledge trailing behind! It skids in the sand as they come to a halt.
    [12:28] Aposiopesis Fullstop: shouts: "DELIVERY FOR THE WITCH!"
    [12:28] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) raises her eyes and tries to focus on that big thing
    [12:28] NickCitrus: shouts: "ABOUT TIME WE GET OUR PRIZE!"
    [12:28] tralala Loordes: "Well I ain't never hoped to see such a sight..."
    [12:29] PanPot: shouts: "Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!"
    [12:29] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) stands up and looks "that be not right here. me want where all bags where"
    [12:29] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) goes to check out the hippo
    [12:29] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) pokes the smoothskin with a boot once "that not even look tasty"
    [12:30] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) nods at the many sacks, and the workers.
    [12:30] Aposiopesis Fullstop leans on back on the sacks of ash, her eyes gleaming amid the filth. "Ahhh, we know it! But we wanted t'make well sure we was seen keepin' our end o' the deal!"
    [12:30] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer): "me see yous bring big help now" she nods and watches the big beast fascinated but not to close
    [12:31] tralala Loordes: Mutters..."Damnnn lookit them teeth on this thing."
    [12:31] Second Life: You posted to Flickr.
    [12:31] Aposiopesis Fullstop waves toward Irk and Tra. "Oi there!"
    [12:31] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer): "are these rest of bags yes?"
    [12:31] tralala Loordes: "Oi Apo. Yer is a wonderment yer is."
    [12:31] PanPot: "Burdlebees says that Sheila eats all things with thems tooths!"
    [12:31] Bartleby Ricantaur smiles as Sheila flicks her ears to and fro.
    [12:32] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Aye, the last three hands o' sacks for a full hunnerd!"
    [12:32] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) she nods "and these be brought to me place right?
    [12:33] Aposiopesis Fullstop grins. "Best believe!"
    [12:33] tralala Loordes: "Yer gonna get the Witch stone fer sure..."
    [12:34] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) she shoves her hand deep into her pocket and takes out the desired witch stone, with all 4 hands he fumbles it a little, adjust some bindings for a few moments and holds it up "than these be payment"
    [12:34] tralala Loordes: "Oi Minxx..lookit this will yah...aint somethin' nobody sees everyday."
    [12:35] NickCitrus yells, "This way! Chuck it on o'er 'ere!"
    [12:37] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) she eyes apo and nick both for a moment and ponders whom to pass it to
    [12:38] Aposiopesis Fullstop rolls over on her side, eyeing the strange object in the Witch's hands.
    [12:38] ϻıɴᶍᶍ (minxx.blackthorne) approaches the encampment cautiously.. and moves close to Tra while whispering " Wots happenin? " she glances up to the storyteller " hai mister Bartle " she then glances to the others and her gaze stops on the witch wondering what she has.
    [12:39] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) keeps an eye on everything, including the sky for buzzards, but says nothing.
    [12:39] tralala Loordes: "Witch is wonderin' who to hand over the Witch Stone to...fer the 100 bags o'black dirt"
    [12:39] Bartleby Ricantaur touches the brim of his hat. "Hallo again," says in a friendly but soft voice, looking more at the scene behind him.
    [12:40] PanPot takes his toy wagon out of his hood and moves it back and forth on the sacks.
    [12:40] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) trusting nick even les than apo she reaches the witchstone out to apo "that be what yous ask for. one day it be returned to me and favour be done"
    [12:40] ϻıɴᶍᶍ (minxx.blackthorne) whispers in wonder " wot does th witch stone do? "
    [12:40] tralala Loordes: "makes the Witch yer bitch..."
    [12:40] PanPot curses under his breath.
    [12:41] Aposiopesis Fullstop gives a respectful nod, and lowers her scarf. "I thank ye, Witch. Let it ne'er be said ye don' trade true.”
    [12:41] NickCitrus: "Panpot! Dun ye be cursing now!"
    [12:42] Second Life: You posted to Flickr.
    [12:42] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) carefully walkes over closer to the sandhippo, carefull not to get to close, reaching out one hand curious "now eldest. there be other thing yous animal could do if yous willing to"
    [12:42] Aposiopesis Fullstop grins. "Least he ain't called nobody a 'buzzard lover' yet..."
    [12:42] NickCitrus: "So, the stones mine, yeah? Where it be?"
    [12:42] tralala Loordes: "Hunnert bags is a mighty deed...they be stories someday about it."
    [12:42] ϻıɴᶍᶍ (minxx.blackthorne) gives a serious faced nod although her lips twitch with amusement as she watches.
    [12:44] Aposiopesis Fullstop rolls back over and holds her hand out toward Nick. She rubs her fingers over the stone and the strange sharp spines at its circumference. "Here is, Nick. She gave it t'me, since there be the two o' us an' only the one o' it." She locks eyes with him. "But we'll both be choosin' the favor, you got my word."
    [12:45] Bartleby Ricantaur looks down at the Mutant Witch, blue eyes sparkling with curiosity. "Aye? Whass that now? I been right pleased t' be part o' a story 'stead o' just speakin' 'em, so if ye got more things I could do, well, bring 'em right on!"
    [12:45] NickCitrus pouts with his arms crossed.
    [12:46] Aposiopesis Fullstop shuffles over on the sacks and whispers to Nick for a while.
    [12:46] ϻıɴᶍᶍ (minxx.blackthorne) mumbles " how is she bein everyone elses bitch when she got them doin all kindsa chores for her all the time? " asks sincerely curious as to how this works.
    [12:46] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer): "me need heavy lift done. and having yous do be easier than having 20 scavengers at me place"
    [12:46] tralala Loordes: "They gits to ask her any favor what comes into their minds..and she;s gotta do it..."
    [12:47] ϻıɴᶍᶍ (minxx.blackthorne): " dont look like she can do much " observes in a whisper.
    [12:47] Irk (shannonwilsonbell): whispers: A favor like "do not put me in the soup."
    [12:48] tralala Loordes: "What yer offerin' to the lifters then?"
    [12:49] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) she looks at tra "nothing. me just need one lifter" and carefully runs the fingertips of one hand over the sandhippos flank "what it gets is no of yous concern stoopid. yous first deliver what yous promis befor do other things with yous hurt hand"
    [12:50] tralala Loordes: Grunts...
    [12:50] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) walks over to the animal and tugs lightly on one ear, says out loud to no one in particular, "My tribe would hunt the sand hippo... this cow is small but healthy, would feed many."
    [12:52] Bartleby Ricantaur strokes his beard. "Well, I reckon Sheila's up fer it. As am I. But... well, it took me an' Nick an' Apo the best parts o' lass night just tryna rig up this sledge. If it'll be needin'..." He shrugs. "...Pulleys, or levers, or... suchstuff, well, thass gonna be a thing you'll hafta build yerself," he admits.
    [12:53] tralala Loordes: "She do look like fine eatin' Irk. Plenty o'grease fer soppin' up with flatbread and seein' yah through the cold night."
    [12:55] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) she considers. “me will prepare thing. but first pilar must be in position and turn. big sandhippo be easy job in that. easier than me or others. than other day it can do raise yes?"
    [12:55] Bartleby Ricantaur looks down at Irk. "Maaay wish t'be careful there, lad. Sheila was brought up tame, but you don' wanna rile 'er. 'Sides, workers is of less good eats than the ones tended for meat an' milk." He chuckles.
    [12:56] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) pats Sheila on the head and grins, "I thinks she likes me."
    [12:57] Bartleby Ricantaur turns back to the Witch and listens, a thoughtful look on his face. "Sounds fair, that. I'll be 'round 'least until the next Auction," he says, grinning at Tra and giving her a little bow.
    [12:57] ϻıɴᶍᶍ (minxx.blackthorne) smiles a bit thinking Mister Bartle handled that well. She glances to Sheila then to Irk and thinks maybe Sheila should bite him.
    [12:57] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer): "so. what yous ask for that all?"

Special Delivery! by Aposiopesis, on Flickr

[12:59] Bartleby Ricantaur runs his gnarled fingers through his long beard. "Well. I know this work is o' great import. Great enough ye'd trade a boonstone. An' so I might dare ask something of e'en greater worth than that..."
    [12:59] tralala Loordes: "Ayup....the next auction is comin' up...folks been diggin' up they treasures and fixin' to part with 'em if the tradin's good."
    [12:59] Aposiopesis Fullstop continues whispering to Nick.
    [13:00] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) narrows her eyes in distrust "what that be?"
    [13:04] tralala Loordes: "I'd ask fer a Sheila of me own...yeah that's what's I'd ask fer...lookit them teeth."
    [13:05] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) continues to nobody, "In the spring we killed the fatted calves, the Festival of Bacon was my favorite time of year."
    [13:06] tralala Loordes: "Cain't git no better tastier meats than bacon..."
    [13:06] ϻıɴᶍᶍ (minxx.blackthorne)'s stomach growls in response and she grins a bit looking awkward in her own skin . " i wonder what the witch has that Mister Bartle could possibly want from her. She dont seem too strong "
    [13:07] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) turns first her eyes and than her head to minxx and hisses sharp "that be no of yous thing"
    [13:08] Bartleby Ricantaur looks gravely at the Witch. "I'd ask fer stories. The stories of why this great work is bein' built. The stories you might tell within it. I ain't askin' the deepest sekrits o' Witchery," he says, holding up a defensive hand. "But the sorts o' stories you'd not elsewise tell to those not of your tribe."
    [13:09] Aposiopesis Fullstop pauses, midwhisper, and looks over at the Witch - and over toward Bartleby - and back again. She bites her lip. "Hoo, Longbeard, yer in fer it now..."
    [13:09] ϻıɴᶍᶍ (minxx.blackthorne) just looks down not making anymore eye contact with the hissy witch.
    [13:10] Aposiopesis Fullstop turns back to Nick - and scoots herself deeper into the sacks to try and avoid the Witch's errant gaze.
    [13:10] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) lays her head to the side and ponders it a moment "yous will know what it be made for yes. what other story yous want know?"
    [13:13] tralala Loordes: "Minxx Witch has 4 arms...right there yer at a disadvantage. If yer see her pull out her little blue handle knife yer takes my advice and hike up yer skirt and run fast as yer can in opposite directions."
    [13:14] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) chuckles
    [13:15] ϻıɴᶍᶍ (minxx.blackthorne) nods wide eyed and glances to Tra " even with 4 arms , it just seems wrong ta make an elder lady feel tha need to sell her soul for some diggin ." clearly doesnt get the bigger picture.
    [13:16] ϻıɴᶍᶍ (minxx.blackthorne): *four
    [13:16] Bartleby Ricantaur strokes his beard. "Are there... any other stories or secrets related to the purpose o' this work, Witch?"
    [13:16] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) steps slowly out of the way between the two...
    [13:16] tralala Loordes: Makes a small choking sound...
    [13:17] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) she hesitates for a moment "there might be. if it that yous ask for me will tell. after work be done. next bazaar yes?"
    [13:18] Second Life: You posted to Flickr.
    [13:18] tralala Loordes: "Did I mention she aint none too particular what she throws in her stewpot...?"
    [13:18] Irk (shannonwilsonbell): whispers: "or WHO..."
    [13:19] ϻıɴᶍᶍ (minxx.blackthorne) whispers and shakes her head .."didnt mention that part .." falls silent fidgeting.
    [13:21] tralala Loordes: "Many many spans I been smellin' that stewpot all the way over t'my digs. Even throwing in them cans of frut like she do ain't makin' it nbt smell like somebody yah might'a knowed."
    [13:21] Bartleby Ricantaur nods solemnly. "After next Bazaar. My work - an' Sheila's - for your sekrits." A grin unfurls somewhere beneath his beard.
    [13:22] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) she shakes her head "no, work need be done befor"
    [13:22] ϻıɴᶍᶍ (minxx.blackthorne) crinkles her nose and just has a general look of disgust and horror etched across her face.
    [13:23] Bartleby Ricantaur nods. "All pardons. Work when needed, stories after the next Bazaar, then?"
    [13:24] tralala Loordes: "Yer winkled a fair trade outta the Wich old man. Fer I think yer loves them stories most of anything in this world."
    [13:24] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) she nods slowly "yes that how things be done"
    [13:28] Bartleby Ricantaur grins ear to ear. "So shall it be, then! I look forward to this, Witch, and I thank ye in advance." He presses a hand to his chest and bows nearly deep enough for his hat to slide off.
    [13:29] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) she nods slowly and looks around
    [13:31] ϻıɴᶍᶍ (minxx.blackthorne) keeps her gaze settled on Sheila.
    [13:32] tralala Loordes: "Apo aint yer goin' to say what yer gonna ask Witch fer...using yer Boonstone?"
    [13:33] Aposiopesis Fullstop looks up. "Ours, ye mean! Me an' Nick still gotta 'gree on jus' what we want."
    [13:34] tralala Loordes: Laughs..."Can yer agree without the use of weapons and callin' of hurtful names?"
    [13:35] Aposiopesis Fullstop grins and looks over at Nick. "Oh, aye, doubt it'll turn to that! Least I hope not; he'd have my hide..."
    [13:37] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) smiles, "That would be an interesting fight to watch..."
    [13:37] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) she grins to herself. seems happy with that situation
    [13:37] tralala Loordes: "Make sure yer gets specific..like not lettin' the unnderstandin be yer gets yer wish boon in 100 spans,.....or nuthin like that."
    [13:38] NickCitrus pulls the flask hidden in his boot out, twists the cap open, and takes a big swig.
    [13:38] Bartleby Ricantaur gives Tralala a knowing smile. "Oooh yes. There's no end o' tales of Boonstone deals gone wrong..."
    [13:39] Aposiopesis Fullstop watches Nick drink. "Hoo boy. Did ye just take another pull o' Nick Eraser?"
    [13:39] Aposiopesis Fullstop slaps her head. "An' what am I thinkin'! This all calls fer HOOCH!" From somewhere buried in the sacks, she pulls out her jug of moonshine.
    [13:40] NickCitrus belches, "Yuuuuuuup."
    [13:40] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Aw, fer cripes...."
    [13:40] Aposiopesis Fullstop grins. "Well, lemme make it worse, eh?" She pulls out some stone cups and begins to pour shots.

Further Negotiations by Aposiopesis, on Flickr

[13:41] Aposiopesis Fullstop hands one over to Nick and grins.
    [13:42] tralala Loordes: Sidles right up to Apo so she don't have to reach far...."Why yer a real friend to think of our parched throats tonight Apo...yes."
    [13:42] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) raises an eyebrow "that be typical. yous no want finish work first and bring bags to the place befor yous cant do any of that?"
    [13:42] NickCitrus takes the shot and winces from the hooched pain.
    [13:44] Aposiopesis Fullstop grins as she pours Tralala a shot. To the Witch she says "Ahh, we can drink again when we get there, yeah?" Her filthy ash-covered hand passes the cup to Tralala, and she pours another cup for PanPot.
    [13:44] PanPot: shouts: "JUUUUUUUUUIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!"
    [13:44] PanPot drinks the shot as fast as hoomanly possible.
    [13:45] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Oh aye, an' I forgot yer candy…"

[She extracts something from a pouch with an ashy hand and passes it over to PanPot.]

[13:45] tralala Loordes: "Well diggin' in that stinkin' dirt ain't harmed yer fine hand at the still none..that was damn fine likker...scoured the sides of me throat like I hard rubbed sand in there...Thank yah."
    [13:46] Aposiopesis Fullstop grins. "Yer quite welcome! Anyone else for some Bog Shot?"
    [13:47] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) holds a hand up to say no to the bog shot, "A warrior must keep a clear head."
    [13:47] PanPot looks at the Botan Eye Lollipop and grins a big grin.
    [13:47] NickCitrus chuckles, "Warrior..."
    [13:47] Bartleby Ricantaur smiles at the green Mutant. "Ahh, for you then, a thing. This may sharpen your senses..."
    [13:47] ϻıɴᶍᶍ (minxx.blackthorne) shakes her head no " i might throw up if i have some "
    [13:47] tralala Loordes: "I don't think yer had arrived yet afore yah heard what the Witch give Irk fer his troubles...was special like."
    [13:48] Bartleby Ricantaur: "Or mebbe they just taste sharp, iono." He reaches down and hands something to Irk.
    [13:48] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) proudly takes the glowing vile out of his belt and shows those gathered.
    [13:49] Bartleby Ricantaur: "And for you, then, too, Minxx!" His hands dip again into a small pouch by his belt, and he hands her another pinch of seeds.
    [13:49] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) takes the seeds from Bartleby and grins, "Thank you, storyteller!"
    [13:49] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) sniffs the package thoroughly.
    [13:49] ϻıɴᶍᶍ (minxx.blackthorne) takes the seeds and almost jumps with joy " i wanted ta ask you bouth these but i didnt know what ta trade for em " smiles big " what can i give ye?"
    [13:50] ϻıɴᶍᶍ (minxx.blackthorne) is also sniffing hers
    [13:50] Bartleby Ricantaur: "Just a li'l sommin' for those who ain't gettin' likkered up!" He smiles, delivering another pinch to one of the Witch's four hands. "Yer all quite welcome."
    [13:50] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) eyes the little rocks and raises an eyebrow "last time yous were trade these. now yous give away?" she grins a little mean
    [13:50] Bartleby Ricantaur: "Naah, the trade was for a whole packet. I was givin' these tastes fer nothin', so's folk could know if they wanted t' trade or not."
    [13:50] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) tucks the seeds into his belt and nods gratefully.
    [13:51] ϻıɴᶍᶍ (minxx.blackthorne) watches what everyone else does and also tucks hers into her little pocket. " thank ya Mister Bartle "
    [13:51] PanPot runs away while screeching like a buzzard.
    [13:52] Bartleby Ricantaur smiles and glances up at the sky. "A'ight, we mebbe ought get these sacks delivered, eh?"
    [13:52] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) is unsure what to do with them and just puts them away to investigate later
    [13:52] tralala Loordes: "They's tasty seeds...and they stick between yer teeth so yer can suck them out all night long when yer running...er whatever yer doing all night..."
    [13:52] PanPot: shouts: "JUUUUUUUUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICED CANDY!"
    [13:53] Aposiopesis Fullstop puts her head in her hands, further smearing the ashes. "This were a mistake."
    [13:53] ϻıɴᶍᶍ (minxx.blackthorne) slinks off to go take a closer look at the seeds in private.

[Bartleby crosses into the Fissure on Sheila, Nick and Apo still resting in the sacks behind. Tralala and the Witch run over to the build site, and Irk walks beside the sledge for a few monments.

[13:56] Bartleby Ricantaur: "Hoppin' on?" he asks.

[Irk takes a seat on the back of the sledge.]

[14:00] Bartleby Ricantaur: "All right then, hol' onto yer butts! HYA, Sheila!" He digs in his heels, and the beast takes off at a lope!

[They make their way along the Cormac border, then the Stygian border, then skid up beside the build.]

[14:03] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) jumps off triumphantly
    [14:03] tralala Loordes: Ahoy))
    [14:03] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer): "ahh there yous are .. sand hippo sure no be fastes if strongest"
    [14:03] Bartleby Ricantaur trundles over at a surprising pace and brings the sledge to a halt, spraying sand.
    [14:04] tralala Loordes: "Yah shudda made Nick get out and push over the hard parts."
    [14:04] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) marvels at the Witches... dirt yard.
    [14:04] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer): "this is where me want ash .. yous can empty .. yous can keep sacks, me no need these"
    [14:05] Second Life: You posted to Flickr.
    [14:06] NickCitrus: "Wanna just tip the sledge o'er?"
    [14:06] Bartleby Ricantaur: "A'ight then, all off! Good job, Sheila..." He scuffs the beast with his boot.
    [14:06] Aposiopesis Fullstop strokes her chin. "I'd hate to see 'em spill... now where's Panpot? ....Or do I not wanna know..."
    [14:07] Aposiopesis Fullstop eases up out of the sacks and slides off the pile, bringing a bag with her.
    [14:07] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) points at the big concrete pilar to the west "and that be what me want moved and turned. it should be where me brother sit now. later it be standing there too"
    [14:07] NickCitrus: "Ye already gave 'em some candy. He's gonner than gone."
    [14:08] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer): "pilar .. not me brother that be" a little dizzy
    [14:08] Bartleby Ricantaur nods. "Shall do! Sheila's gotta rest a mite while the bags unload, though."
    [14:09] Aposiopesis Fullstop begins walking back and forth, hauling sacks out of the cart.
    [14:09] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) sits and watches the unloading, comfortable on his rock. ((afk a few))
    [14:12] Second Life: You posted to Flickr.
    [14:12] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) eyes them unloading .. points at the deeperst parts now and than. sometimes with multible arms .. you notice her nervousnes and tirednes growing
    [14:15] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) haphazardly stomps on the mounts to flatten them ou, shoves arround the ash to make a somewhat flatter surface
    [14:15] Aposiopesis Fullstop sets down her last sack. "Whew" She reaches out to shake one of the Witch's multitudinous hands.
    [14:15] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Good tradin' w' ye, Witch!"
    [14:16] tralala Loordes: "that were an epic trade."
    [14:16] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) looks puzzelt at the outstretched hand "what that mean?"
    [14:17] Aposiopesis Fullstop shrugs. "Human thing! Ye shake somebody's hand - 'cause neither of you got weapons in yer hands, an' is all friendly-like.
    [14:17] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "
    [14:18] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) raises an eyebrow "but yous see me has no weapon in me hand. so do me with yous hand..." reaches out al 4 hands
    [14:19] tralala Loordes: laughs...
    [14:19] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) mutters, "Shake hands is a thing but throw stones at the workers is not..."
    [14:19] Second Life: You posted to Flickr.
    [14:19] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Rocks on heads HURT! Specially from a height!" She rubs her arm.
    [14:20] NickCitrus: "I oughta throw these two big rocks attached to me arms right in yer kisser..."
    [14:20] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) snorts
    [14:20] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) looks puzzelt over her shoulders "these no do that. me see befor. smoothskins has these own rituals, many so strange"
    [14:21] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) nods and watches the sky.
    [14:21] Aposiopesis Fullstop vaguely fumbles her hand against a twenty-fingered handshake, and only seems to wind up with a couple small clawmarks on her hands. "Yarg. Uh..."
    [14:21] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer): "these no appreciate proven strong by be hit rock"
    [14:22] Aposiopesis Fullstop tries to disentangle her hands from all the fingers, some of which seem to be her own, and simply gives a gracious bow. "There, howzat? Hah!"
    [14:22] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer): "now ours trade be done." she eyes tra sharp "not like others"
    [14:23] Aposiopesis Fullstop grins.
    [14:23] tralala Loordes: "Oiiiii... I tole yah...any day now yer gonna get yer dirt....lookit my hand..." Holds up yellow mold packed hand....

More Sacks by Aposiopesis, on Flickr

[14:24] Bartleby Ricantaur dismounts to unhook the sledge, then navigates Sheila toward the great pillar.
    [14:24] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer): "yes .. just no lose yous blood on all so many crates"
    [14:25] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) it obviously is quite heavy but on the rollers it should be manageable to move it
    [14:25] tralala Loordes: "Whose gonna feed me if me hand falls off.....not youse I bet. I bet yah bury me under some of this dirt,,,me rotted hand and all."
    [14:25] NickCitrus: "I'mma run since the job be done. See ya at the planned place, Apo?"
    [14:27] Aposiopesis Fullstop stretches and nods. "Sounds a plan, Nick! Thanks again -- you keep well, yeah?"
    [14:27] NickCitrus nods. "Same fer ye."
    [14:27] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) nods at Nick
    [14:27] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Oh, shall try. We make a fine ol' team, don' we!"
    [14:28] tralala Loordes: "G'by Nick"
    [14:28] NickCitrus laughs, "It be true!"
    [14:28] Bartleby Ricantaur touches his hat. "Fair sands, Nick!"
    [14:30] Bartleby Ricantaur hooks up the chains to the strange stela. "Oer to the green lad, aye? Can do!"

[They begin to haul, and the pillar rolls forward on the logs.]

[14:30] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) whenever the pilar moves a little forward she drangs the lat pole from the back and drops it in front of the first. draging the pillar forward it turns all poles slowly which makes it relativly easy to pull considering the weight
    [14:30] Irk (shannonwilsonbell) hops down and looks around, "I must go, fair sands to you all." ((got to do a few things before FN see you then!))
    [14:30] Bartleby Ricantaur hops back on.
    [14:30] tralala Loordes: "I see yah Irk."

[The dragging slows a little on the more-uneven ground.]

[14:31] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) going uphill is way harder caus the pillar desperately wants to go downhill again
    [14:32] Bartleby Ricantaur: "G'wan, now, Sheila!" He digs in a heel, and the beast heaves forward.
    [14:33] Bartleby Ricantaur looks down at the sand. "Here? Or a weebit more?"
    [14:33] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) drags pole after pole with all her might. gets tired as the hippo does
    [14:34] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer): "it .. it need be more. where the big stone is it will be soon errected .. can be turned to face north?
    [14:34] Bartleby Ricantaur rubs the hippo with his boot. "Just one more heave..."
    [14:34] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) drives the hands through her face getting rid of thick sweat. smearing ashdust and paint
    [14:35] tralala Loordes: whispers: Grunts...
    [14:35] Bartleby Ricantaur: "Hmm. Not w'out us steppin' on all that's made, mebbe. But I can try turnin', backin' up, turnin' more..."
    [14:35] tralala Loordes: "Big stones huh...so this aint fer just a nice spikeflower garden is it?"
    [14:36] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "Thass what I was thinkin'! Some sort o' planthouse! But nah, that ain't it. I cain't put a finger on it, but is so familiar..."
    [14:37] Bartleby Ricantaur goads the beast another time. "Just a li'l more, Sheila..." With a surly grunt, the beast lumbers forward.
    [14:39] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) as she stops putting poles under at the front the pilar suddenly turns over and sinks down at the front to dig itself slightly into the sand
    [14:39] Bartleby Ricantaur feels the weight shift. "Hrm... we good back there?"
    [14:40] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer): "now it need be turned. part wth skull need turn south so it face north when pillar be raise"
    [14:41] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) pulls on the bis stone to let it fall over, it looks like its not even burried in the sand. just put on top and its weight did the rest
    [14:41] Bartleby Ricantaur nods. He eases himself back off the hippo and unhooks the chain from the foot, then calls Sheila over with a sharp whistle. "Thisways, thisways..." He hooks the chain onto the head, then hops back on the beast.
    [14:43] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer): "no yanking hard. that be many work" she throws her weight onto the pilar, which is not much in the end
    [14:44] Bartleby Ricantaur nods and makes a loud hissing sound. "Real ease, Sheila, real ease..." Slowly, the hippo begins to pull, the chains get taut, and the stela starts to turn...
    [14:45] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) the sound of cracing concrete and the angry hissing and hauling of the witch as she presses all her weight against the pillar but nothing moves
    [14:45] tralala Loordes: "I hope yer feedin' Sheila extra of whatever Sheila eats tonight..yer workin' that beat to a fair froth."
    [14:46] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer): "that not enought" she squeeks as the pilar just rocks a little to its sides"
    [14:46] Bartleby Ricantaur whistles sharply. "HOL'!" Sheila stops, one foot yet in the air. "Oi, is it just breakin' back there?"
    [14:48] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) sloops down with her back to the pillar and breaths deep " yous two just stand there or help too?" she hisses a little angry and tired
    [14:49] tralala Loordes: Shrugs..."Ok I help yah...cause yer always so pleasant like to me..."
    [14:49] Aposiopesis Fullstop jolts to attention. "HI THERE. WEREN'T SLEEPIN'. ALL GOOD."

[Apo and Tra help to push the stela around while Bartleby and Sheila carefully pull from the other side. Bit by bit, it rotates around...]

[14:53] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer): "yes.." she breaths powerles "that be where it must be"
    [14:53] tralala Loordes: "Thank the Fireking...."
    [14:53] Bartleby Ricantaur wipes his brow. "Lahgd v'rissa," he mutters.
    [14:54] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) with a big cracking sound one of the poles just lets everyone know that the fun is over for it
    [14:55] tralala Loordes: "Well that pooped me out fer the day..."
    [14:55] Bartleby Ricantaur: "GAH!" He looks over his shoulder, and is plainly relieved to see splintered wood, not splintered concrete.
    [14:55] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) looks week now and moves aquardly "that .. that be all for this day"
    [14:55] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer): weak
    [14:56] Aposiopesis Fullstop slumps over the skull. "Day. Moon. Season, mebbe..."
    [14:56] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "...Season...." she mumbles distractedly.
    [14:56] tralala Loordes: "Works fer me...Apo I'll be stoppin' at yer bar later fer...fer courage I guess. I'll see yuse on the sands...fair winds to yah."
    [14:56] Aposiopesis Fullstop: "SEASON?!" Animated again, she scampers over to the Witch and whispers furiously.
    [14:57] Mutant Witch of the Wastes (ccindy.pfeffer) lets herself drop on the sand. the hard work of the last weeks reached its peak for now and almost the witches limit as it seems

[Seeeeeeeecrets! Okay, maybe not really secrets, but possibly spoilers.]

[15:00] Aposiopesis Fullstop can only laugh with some mix of victory and fatigue. "Ahh, I knew it was familiar! Oh, you clever Witch, you!" Clearly not knowing any better, she pats you on the shoulder, then weaves over to the sledge. "Cart me on back to The N, if you'd kindly! For I'm fit to sleep a span...."
    [15:01] Bartleby Ricantaur reattaches the sledge, helps Apo in, and ambles easily toward The Wastelands proper.

HEAVE! by Aposiopesis, on Flickr

What Goes Around
    by Aposiopesis, on Flickr