+ Reply to Thread

Default The Wastelands Thumpin' Thursday! (Pugilism Event) & (Unoffical Invitation)

Hello everyone & thanks for having me here on the forum. I'd like to say I've been cooking up some ideas to make some more fun & excitement for everybody so without further adieu I'd like to introduce to you The Wastelads Thumpin' Thursdays Hosted for you By: Burnvictim Resident & Shannonwilsonbell (Burnee V. & Irk)

→→!!!This event will take place every Thursday of Every week at The Heap in The Great Fissure @ 3PM SLT.!!!←←
    http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlif...sure/174/14/67

Rulez:

1. No weapons other than fist wraps (of any variety)
    2. Depending on what grade of wraps you have you will be placed in a class & pitted against people in the same class.
    3. Never demoralize your opponents; always show respect!
    4. Have fun!

Framework:

Tournament style fight event between 8-12 contestants with 3 finalists. Each fight will consist of 2 - 3 minute rounds with 1 minute breaks in between. (Seek image link below for Example)

https://i.gyazo.com/efef9971ff89619e...e0c7a20118.png

Winners will Receive one Thumpin' Thursday Medal!

(1st)

(2nd)

(3rd)

Class division:
    Featherweight - WL: Cloth Fist Wraps (Only)
    Middleweight - WL: Leather Fist Wraps (Only)
    Welterweight: - WL: Rusty Knuckles -or- WL: Glass Jaws
    Heavyweight: - WL: Snake Eyes -or- WL: Shark Bites

Side Notes: Contestants will be placed based strictly on what set of pugilist weapons they have. Inherently we all have cloth fist wraps so in this way EVERYONE may participate. Do not count on being able to use your finest fist wraps should you make it to the final round; it will often happen where you will wind up using the most basic or lesser pugilist weapons. Further more there will potentially in the future be DIVISIONAL/WEIGHT CLASS Championships providing everyone has the set of Fist wraps required for said divisional/weight class championship. I also have considered the European, Asian & Pacific population, the varying hours between everyone & your RL/Work scheduling. At the current moment I don't have any kind of set schedule for anything so perhaps two separate events could be hosted on the same or two different days at more convenient hours.

"I hope to get some solid feedback from everyone on this. Constructive criticism is welcomed with open arms. Once I've got an accurate feel for what everyone thinks & weather anyone would participate I will go ahead & make it official. Thanks in advance!"

Burnee V.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_P81jIJ7YY
    Last edited by BurneeV; 02-20-2016 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Giving some credit where it is due. :)

Please do not use the WL: Prefix on anything not official. Thanks.
    The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly unconcerned that he is standing on a precipice, apparently about to step off.

NP; I typically only use it to keep things organized.

Coolness! I'll be there with fists on!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Wastelands/241/174/74

Sounds fun! Will try to be there in time for the beatings!