+ Reply to Thread

Default The Red Revival: Saturday, April 23

The cold moons are ending. Strange new growth rises after the long grey death of winter. It is the season of Revival.

And, as in every season the Right Revenant Doktor Pileus walks the wider Wastes, accompanied by a party of the Dead. From settlement to settlement, they preach the good word of Ghoulism: of the life that defies death, of the glory and the power of a mind freed to focus on one blessed obsession, of the mysterious mushrooms that enable this transcendent experience.

Soon a strange wind will rise, and on it will ride mad laughter, gibbering voices, and the sickly-sweet smell of decay.

Soon the tent will rise in The Wastelands, like a mushroom after rain.

Soon the bell will toll. And whether recent-risen or growing Ghast, the Ghouls will be called together.

The Red Revival is at hand.

-----

WHAT: The Red Revival: A Ghoulish tent festival of mindbending media.
    WHEN: Saturday, April 23 -- 11am or so to whenever?
    WHERE: The Dirtpatch: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlif...ands/240/61/76
    WHY: To celebrate the Season of Revival, and Ghoulism, and mushrooms, and madness.

Gear up in your grottiest garb and be a Ghoul For A Day! Enjoy the opening benediction of the Right Revenant Doktor Pileus! Witness an ancient and mystifying Moving Picture! Dance to the strange and psychedelic strains of mind-distorting music!

Or, if you're *incredibly* hardcore, use it as an excuse for your character to die and become a Ghoul!

Slots are still available if you'd like to perform - just get in touch here or contact me or Masaka Miliandrovic inworld.
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

The Schedule So Far -two spots are still available, if anyone's interested! And they're claimed!

PROBABLY FINAL SCHEDULE -

10:00am SLT: The Right Revenant Doktor Pileus (Opening Benediction)

10:30am - 12:00pm SLT: Movie

12:00 - 1:00 SLT - Diamanda Gustafson (DJ Set)

1:00 - 2:00 SLT - Echo Starship (DJ Set)

2:00 - 4:00 SLT - Redzone (LIVE MUSIC at the Arena Stage)

4:00 - 5:00 SLT - Benjamin Bigdipper (DJ Set, back at the tent in The Dirtpatch)

5:00 - 6:00 SLT - Masaka Miliandrovic (DJ Set)

6:00 - 7:00 SLT - Aposiopesis Fullstop (DJ Set)

7:00 - 8:00 SLT - Lillie Zeplin (LIVE VOCALS)

8:00 - 9:00 SLT - Gomi Mfume (DJ Set)
    Last edited by Aposiopesis; 04-16-2016 at 11:39 PM.
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

It was a fun event!! Thanks everyone who made it so. And we was blogged too - http://apmel.blogspot.de/
    Meat is meat and we all gotta eat..

Thanks, Tra!

And thanks to everyone who participated in whatever way! That was some incredible music all around, and some awesomely fearsome Ghouls writhing and gibbering in enjoyment of it! I particularly can't wait to hear how Redzone edits that gesture-fed madness into a final work.

And I've gotta give special mention to Masaka - I'm not sure what sorts of black magic she had to do in order to make time for a set; the last time I was preparing to move, I barely had time to eat dinner on any given day. It just wouldn't have been the same without some of those tracks!

It's pretty rad that we were blogged - though I'm perversely entertained that he didn't even make it through the entire sermon. I'm guessing he ran for the hills once the Good Doktor called on the Humans to volunteer to be killed by a pack of frenzied Ghouls in hopes of becoming undead, themselves.

Silly Flatlanders.

And now to gear up for PROMAGEDDON...