+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rondyvoo....

Default Rondyvoo....

Rondyvoo July 23 2016
    A conceptual recreation of the spirit of Rendezvous as used to be. "These annual gatherings were held at various locations beginning in 1825. The large fur companies put together teamster driven mule trains which packed in whiskey and supplies and set up a trading fair, which was called the “rendezvous.” These events were lively, festival-like affairs which were open to free-trappers, Indians, and families alike. Not only was the Rendezvous a place which the trappers could sell and trade their furs for all sorts of commodities, such as clothing, saddles, bridles, tobacco, and whiskey – - but it was a place to meet traders who might wish to engage their services for the coming year. Famous mountain man, Jim Beckwourth, described them as: "Mirth, songs, dancing, shouting, trading, running, jumping, singing, racing, target-shooting, yarns, frolic, with all sorts of extravagances that white men or Indians could invent." Sounds like Wastelanders doesn't it? Anyhoo....still putting the events together..so if anyone has a bright idea lemme know. Suggestions have been; Beard Growing Contest; stalls with trade/sale goods (Prime Salvage & Ho-made goods); Fist Fights with Magnificient prizes to the winners and betting encouraged; The Hunt of a Reviled Wastelander...hunt to the death; Bow & Arrow Target Shootin' show; A Marryin'..if they's any sweethearts lookin' to tie the knot; Git Syruss to do the marryin' and a fine fiery preachin' too; A storytellin...mebee Bartleby will wander back;...so yah gets the drift. Holler at me if yer has ideas too. More to come soon...
    http://www.legendsofamerica.com/we-r...endezvous.html

Anyone wanting to trade / sell / holler at passersby at Rondyvoo a mesh market stall will be provided....you can use yer own textures if you like.....just let me know you'll be wanting one.
    Last edited by TralalaLoordes; 06-12-2016 at 09:55 AM.
    Meat is meat and we all gotta eat..

I have good reason to believe that Bartleby will be coming back - and with the story Minxx bought at the Salvage Auction a few moons back! Maybe with a couple more new tales, as well... and maybe with some more Stoneseeds and Fatroot to sell!

A beard (or general weird-hair) contest sounds like a lot of fun! And, speaking of hairdos, maybe Diamanda could set up shop to give cuts to those who want them?

Fights and hunts sound great, too! Maybe we could try to keep an eye on the dunes - and get lucky enough to have a spider hunt, as well?

It could also be neat to see some "fair food" - non-game edible weirdnesses, just for fun. Deep-fried Twonkies, maybe? Instead of elephant ears, perhaps a good old-fashioned elephant's foot? I've got more ideas than actual building talent, but I think I'll have Apo see what she can make. (Oh, and she'll be rolling out a couple barrels of hooch, too, all gods help us all...)

This is gonna be fun!
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

Ha sounds super Apo. Dia haircuts would be Reaver-hilarious. There WILL be a hunt...The Wild and Terrible Gnawbert will be run to ground for the good of the community. I hope some of the stalls sell food; hootch; salvage; services (i.e., fight lessons; an exclusive build/or build component/ accessories; a DJ session; songs; WL clothing; advice; palm reading; use yer fertile imaginations....) \o/

Default RONDYVOO JOOLY 23rd Schedule of Events

Jooly 23rd - ALL times SLT time...cause...earth may or may not be flat
    (click on Rondyvoo posters around WL sims for informational postcard you can tuck in yer pocket..or somewhere)

11 AM
    Pervasive Itch makes some purrrty music

12 PM
    Market Stalls/Salvage Auction - Bring yer stuff and trade fer other stuff

2 PM
    Gnawbert Hunt - Fearsome Beast Hunted to the Death
    Cage Fights for Superior Prizes (Cormac cage)...two of something enter...one comes out...

3 PM
    Fight Night with Additional Prize (50 Scrits)

4 PM
    Apo's Drinking Game with Prizes!

6 PM
    Bartleby Tales - Settle down by the campfire and lissen up to story tellin's that'll make yer blood sack swell up and yer peepers leak eye juice....

ALL DAY BEARD CONTEST
    (I will pix all contestants) for 1000L prize monies or WL weapon of choice. The most impressive mass of hairs wins. Restrained small mammals, hairs got without permission from heads not exactly yers, and mismatched hairs ok. And ladies don't be shy - this is for you too

I had such a swell time at the Rondyvoo thanks fer putting it all together, Tra! I got tons of great Wastelander Homemade Stuffs at the auction, and I'm so glad that terrible rat thing was finally put down. I'll be working hard on my beard for next year...

Thanks Sam....you looked like the pretty girl at the State Fair loaded down with prizes yer show-off BF won for you Thanks to Pervasive Itch for his astounding singing, the Rat Thing (that bastid could RUN...), Apo's Drinking Game (next year we will have an AA counselor tent), Magnificent Beards (prizes won by Apo with her ciggy butts & paper balls) and Swiftly Streeter (for sheer volume and floatyness), WastelandDrifter as Rondyvoo Fight Night winner of the 50 Scrit prize, The inestimable Bartleby for his bloodsack swelling songs and tales told by the campfire, and the super people who participated in the Salvage Auction; Lunesta Matova who created incredible WL theme lunchboxen (even a special Rondyvoo version); Apo and her ALWAYS tasty micro-brewed hootch, ink & Buzzard feather quills and special mention of the filthy not quite cotton candy; Junkyard Hoodlum and his complete distrust of scrits; Akiko Thursday with her eclectica and ever popular 25 Scrit pieces; Sam with her suitcase cart full of SPECIAL soups (chunky does not begin to describe them) and that old stick Bartleby who had rare and wonderful spices, roots and seeds from far places. Thanks to everyone who wandered over to Rondyvoo and see you next year!
    Last edited by TralalaLoordes; 07-24-2016 at 09:01 AM.

It was so fantastic, Tra! It took so many awesome aspects of The Wastelands as a whole, and rolled them all up into one big day of music and fighting and roleplaying and trading and fighting and creativity and drinking and fighting. My hands and arms still hurt a little from typing so much! But it's a good hurt. (Which also sounds like a good summary of it as a whole. The Wastelands: It's A Good Hurt.)

Thanks so much for organizing everything!
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Wastelands/241/174/74

tra, this was a novel and really fun event. Thank you so much for organizing it!