+ Reply to Thread

Default The Flatland Festival

Second Life's 13th Birthday is drawing near! And, while there are big official events for that, those big events are often (in my opinion) somewhat poor showcases - thanks to the egregious lag and baffling bureaucratic malarkey behind the scenes.

Even for those of us who found The Wastelands early in our SL experience, and/or have left it so rarely since then that we almost forget there's more out there on The Grid... we all still started *somewhere.* And we wouldn't have The Wastelands without Second Life itself. So why not take a day to celebrate the weirdness of SL - with a slapdash little shindig called the Flatland Festival!

WHEN: Saturday, June 25, starting at 2pm SLT
    WHERE: The Dirtpatch - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlif...ands/240/61/76

If you've been around for a while, dust off the oldest outfit in your Inventory and show off one of your original looks! It'll be a shame-free zone to show how you looked before The Wastelands got its filthy claws in you.

If you don't have any of your old outfits anymore - or if you're new to SL, yourself - put together an avatar using freebies!

Strut your stuff on the runway. There might be a contest with some small dumb prize!

Land permissions will be set so that you can rez out snapshots to show off the strange places you've been, or to show off of your most ancient primwork builds!

And there'll be music - probably of a retro bent, to enhance the nostalgia.

If anyone wants to participate in some way, or has an idea of something to suggest, fire away! I'm kinda flying by the seat of my pants - but that's kinda what SL is all about anyway.

Hope to see you there!
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

Ack, I just realized next week is Community Meeting week! So maybe everything will fire up at 4pm SLT, right after War Zone!

So it might just be my usual terrible DJing, only wearing noobstuff and talking nostalgia. But meh!
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

It was indeed my usual terrible DJing, only wearing noobstuff and talking nostalgia, but that was fun! It was awesome to see everyone's original avatars and to hear about the experiences that got you hooked on SL. Maybe next year it can be made a little more of A Thing, who knows!

Seeing everyone's early avis was so great! Thanks for setting up the runway, if I wasn't crashing every few minutes I would have used it. Thanks for the fun!

I shamelessly revive this thread from its grave to say: Haha, LL totally stole that idea this year.

Wastelanders are way ahead of the curve.