View Poll Results: Which Saturday Works Best For PROMAGEDDON? (You can pick more than one!)

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • May 20

4 57.14%
  • May 27

6 85.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Default PROMAGEDDON IV: Son of the Revenge of the Return of the Prom!

To reheat the original synopsis yet again...

WHAT IS IT?:

For those of you who aren't in the US, or who've been fortunate enough to repress most of their high school years, here's what the conventional Prom is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prom. A formal dance which is A Big Damn Deal for teenagers, who'll spend stupid amounts of money on ballgowns and tuxedos and limo rides and corsages and hairdos and other such fancy stuff.

We, of course, do it a little differently.

You can see much of the previous years' finery on Flickr! https://www.flickr.com/search/?sort=...n%20wastelands

THE SETTING:

Many school dances are held in the gym, which gets decorated with a bunch of streamers or balloons or props or other such things, so that instead of looking like a miserable gymnasium, it looks like a miserable gymnasium with streamers. In this spirit, we take over the Arena.

THE MUSIC:

As usual, all DJs or live performances would be welcome! Given the theme, if someone wanted to throw a few more slow dances into the mix, that'd be fine -- but, otherwise, the usual baffling variety of noise is welcome.

THE CLOTHES:

What else sets Promageddon apart from the usual Saturday festivals? The outfits: everyone wears some sort of Ruin't interpretation of formalwear!

Torn dresses and rusted jewelry. Ghouls in dug-up suits that still have slits in the back. Gunshot top hats and rusty rebar canes. Broken glass monocles. Sand Hippo hide kilts. Elaborate tribal finery. There are a lot of different ways to go with it!

THE FIGHTS:

It's not Prom without a Prom date -- and it's not Promageddon without couples-based fights! Fight Night becomes a series of 2 vs 2 fights, and the winning couple is crowned Prom King and Prom Queen.

And then they have to fight each other.

Couples obviously don't need to be male/female, by the way.

Can you claim this year's crown? There's only one way to find out!

THE TIME:

The tricky part. May is already almost upon us, so to maximize the time to plan, I'd say it may be best to pick between the last two Saturdays of the month.

So, to get the date that works best for everybody, please vote on the best Saturdays for you in the poll above!

You can select more than one date, so if it's all the same to you, vote for both dates. If there's one day that is impossible for you, vote for everything BUT that date.

Feel free to brainstorm additional ideas in this thread, show off more pictures of last year's foetid fete, or help make suggestions for outfits, decorations, etc!
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

The poll has closed!

PROMAGEDDON IS NIGH on May 27th!
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

Multitudinous thanks to everyone who performed for, attended, or otherwise did awesome things for this year's PROMAGEDDON! It got off to a shaky start, but things turned out pretty dang awesome. I really appreciate everyone who helped out.

After much arduous consideration, I've decided on this year's outfit winners!

For the best female outfit... EventHorizon Darkthorn! Wearing a dress fashioned of fused foreign food wrappers and half-melted cellophane, and bearing what's sure to be this season's hottest fashion accessory (very probably a trout,) Event's outfit was a delightful mix of savvy elegance and scavver ingenuity.

Event by Aposiopesis, on Flickr

Honorable mentions go to Kaya's totally tubular dress, and to Echopraxia's spine-tinglingly skeletal gown.

As for the best male outfit, this was incredibly difficult to decide (and is much of the reason for my delay in making an announcement.) Not all too many male-shaped persons fancied themselves up this year, in all honesty.

But it'd be hard to give the award to Event without giving the best male outfit award to her accompaniment, Dobson. Though he visited but briefly, his wrapper-fusion blazer, grimy hobo pants, and flowery boutonniere had that air of ascended formal scuzzbucketry that makes Promageddon outfits so fantastic.

Dobson and Event by Aposiopesis, on Flickr

Honorable mentions go to NickCitrus - whose tattered, bloodspattered suit was simply to die for (and who accessorized elegantly, as well.) (I'd honestly love to award Nick first prize, but, full disclosure, I'd actually recommended the suit to him when he was looking for something to wear! I feel like that would just be too much of a shoo-in to be fair to everyone, though it's not really the fairest thing for Nick, either. :/ ) Additional honorable-mentionry goes to Rax's goldfish-topped top hat and to MC's subtly skull-printed tie.

Congratulations to the outfit winners! And thank you again to everyone involved.

I look forward to seeing you all fancied up again next year at the Fifth Annual PROMAGEDDON!

Honestly my hat came from EventHorizon, so like, double kudos? haha rad tho!