[14:00] NeoBokrug Elytis: As per the usual we'll take time over the next hour to talk about the three main aspects of the estate; land, the game, and then an open floor for RP and events discussion.
[14:01] Aposiopesis Fullstop: wooo!
[14:01] NeoBokrug Elytis: With time for questions in between each section. : )
[14:01] NeoBokrug Elytis: To start with estate, as of just Wednesday I ran a short little contest for one of the tiniest plots on the estate. Basically it was "email me, and tell me what you'd do with it".
[14:03] NeoBokrug Elytis: There's only two of these plots, in all 200+ plots we have. They don't really come up all that often, and since the previous owner... left ... with some time to spare on the meter, I figure I would pass it on to someone worthy of it.
[14:03] Aposiopesis Fullstop: Heh.
[14:04] NeoBokrug Elytis: The last time it was available was in 2014, so when I say they don't come up too often, I mean it. : )
[14:04] NeoBokrug Elytis: Anyway, there were 6 emails I got about it, and one person wrote me a short story about what they'd do. So they win!
[14:04] Aposiopesis Fullstop: Oooh!
[14:04] NeoBokrug Elytis: Congrats Vivito Volare!
[14:04] Aposiopesis Fullstop: Hey, congratulations! : D
[14:04] Mr. Volare (vivito.volare): /cheer
[14:04] NickCitrus: Congrats!
[14:04] Irk (shannonwilsonbell): Yay!
[14:04] Aposiopesis Fullstop: /appl
[14:04] NeoBokrug Elytis: You're one of us now.
[14:04] KittyKat Borkotron: [Cool]
[14:04] The Saviour (saverwho12) YAY CONGRATUATIONS!
[14:04] Mr. Volare (vivito.volare): Thank you
[14:05] The Digger (sandusky.kayvon): Congrats!
[14:05] Inspector Dooley: I was secretly hoping for a top 5 most questionable replies list
[14:05] Rick Carson-Haiku (rick.carson): congrats
[14:05] Aposiopesis Fullstop: Now I'm curious about this story... : D
[14:06] NeoBokrug Elytis: I will leave that up to Vivito, if they want to share. : )
[14:06] Mr. Volare (vivito.volare): I think it's more fun to discover those sorta things
[14:06] Aposiopesis Fullstop: AGREED.
[14:06] NeoBokrug Elytis: As for estate occupancy, it's been better -- but summer is ending so I expect a little bit of a rebound.
[14:07] NeoBokrug Elytis: I haven't been around much this month, which affects pretty much every other category we'll talk about later. I had surgery on the 7th, and I thought I could work from bed. I was very wrong.
[14:07] Aposiopesis Fullstop:
[14:07] NeoBokrug Elytis: The pain meds made me sleepy and fuzzy, and my body wanted to just sleep a lot on top of that.
[14:08] Irk (shannonwilsonbell): Obey the body.
[14:08] Aposiopesis Fullstop: Bodies need rest.
[14:08] Inspector Dooley: That's when you go Astral maaaan
[14:08] NeoBokrug Elytis: It's been three weeks now, and I feel A LOT better. The first week was the worst. They second was pretty miserable, and this last week has been kind of pleasant.
[14:09] Inspector Dooley: Out of body experiences are the best when the body SUCKS
[14:09] Aposiopesis Fullstop: I'd probably never come back.
[14:09] NeoBokrug Elytis: So that's hobbled my ability to run this place, and despite your outward apperances you're all super civil and nice -- which made it easier for me. Thanks!
[14:10] Irk (shannonwilsonbell): Don't let that get around.
[14:10] Aposiopesis Fullstop belches, scratches ass.
[14:10] NeoBokrug Elytis: Your secret is safe with me!
[14:10] NeoBokrug Elytis: I plan to ramp up "being back" this week. I have many game things I want to finish up, but before we go there...
[14:10] NeoBokrug Elytis whispers: Any questions about estate stuff?
[14:11] Aposiopesis Fullstop: Can anybody convince me not to buy a swamp plot? It's just... sitting there.... CALLING me....
[14:11] Inspector Dooley steals all your money
[14:11] Aposiopesis Fullstop: WELP.
[14:11] NickCitrus: I can convince you TO buy it.
[14:11] Aposiopesis Fullstop: SOMEBODY HAS STOLEN MY MONEY. I MUST HIRE AN INSPECTOR.
[14:11] Mr. Volare (vivito.volare): Sorry, I don't get between anybody and their prim addiction
[14:12] Inspector Dooley: ;-D
[14:12] Aposiopesis Fullstop: Haha!
[14:12] Angharad Greggan: Swamps the best ..
[14:12] Aposiopesis Fullstop: It iiiiis...
[14:12] Inspector Dooley: been getting a lot of those 'Enlarge your prim estate' e-mails ?
[14:12] Aposiopesis Fullstop: Haha!
[14:13] NeoBokrug Elytis: With herbal suppliments?
[14:13] Inspector Dooley: haha
[14:13] NeoBokrug Elytis: ... grown in a swamp?
[14:13] Aposiopesis Fullstop: WL: Bloodmos
[14:13] Mr. Volare (vivito.volare): BS. It's just sawdust
[14:13] Mr. Volare (vivito.volare): Not..that I'd know
[14:13] Aposiopesis Fullstop: >
[14:13] NeoBokrug Elytis: Technically, isn't that close enough to an herbal suppliment?
[14:13] Aposiopesis Fullstop: Hahaha!
[14:14] Irk (shannonwilsonbell): sawppliment
[14:14] NeoBokrug Elytis: Okey Dokey! Moving on to game related stuff.
[14:14] Aposiopesis Fullstop: *snrk*
[14:15] NeoBokrug Elytis: Before I went under the robotic knives, Gutter and I were working on updating the status effects for the HUD. Unfortunately I could not finish them in time before surgery, so I couldn't give you all something to do while I was recovering that first week.
[14:15] NeoBokrug Elytis: However, we did manage to finish it about 2 weeks ago. And so I went to update all the HUD dispensers with the updates.
[14:16] [Second Life: You posted to Flickr.]
[14:16] NeoBokrug Elytis: Well working on all of that while on pain medicine is not advisable, because I had to update them about 4 or 5 times in total because I always ended up overlooking one small thing.
[14:16] Rick Carson-Haiku (rick.carson): eep
[14:16] Irk (shannonwilsonbell): the downside of drugs.
[14:16] NeoBokrug Elytis: It was more me kicking myself in the ass for a few hours than anything else, but I learned that, "Hey, maybe you shouldn't work quite yet..."
[14:17] Aposiopesis Fullstop: Isn't it nice you can just update the dispensers instead of updating actual HUDs, now? You can mess up as often as you like, and people will still get only the right version next time they HUD up! :V
[14:17] NeoBokrug Elytis: Haha right
[14:17] NeoBokrug Elytis: Glad I switched to doing it that way!
[14:17] Aposiopesis Fullstop: Still. Don't code on drugs .
[14:17] Irk (shannonwilsonbell): drugs?
[14:17] Aposiopesis Fullstop: drugs?!
[14:17] Aposiopesis Fullstop: bah.