+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Major Wastelands Clans / guilds / factions / groups

Sandling once tried this a bit back, per my request. We got no replies.

I would like the leaders, or stand-in leaders of various Wastelands Clans / guilds / factions / groups to reply to this thread. We're trying to collect information for future RP things.

Group Name:
    Group Leader:
    RP Goals:
    Quirks:
    Allies:
    Enemies:
    Primary Races:
    Primary Territory:
    Regular daily culture description:
    The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly unconcerned that he is standing on a precipice, apparently about to step off.

Under the hot, baking sun, The Wastelands

Default Moksvitch Mercs

Group Name: Moskvitch Mercs

Group Leader: Pietro Moskvitch

RP Goals: The amassing of power and wealth for greater ability to maintain order in controlled areas.

Quirks: Have a fortified compound in the North Yard, other than that, nothing notable.

Allies: Any group with similar aims. Barring that, whoever pays the most.

Enemies: Varies depending on who's been contracted on.

Primary Races: Human, though no race is barred employment.

Primary Territory: The Junkyard, North Yard

Regular daily culture description: A day in the life of a member of Moskvitch Mercs typically involves hunting scrap and drinking Boose in the Molotov Martini. However, all Mercs are expected to actively look for opportunities to strengthen the Company, both in wealth and renown, as well as maintain order in The Junkyard when necessary.

This could become a very very important thread in the near future. Anyone with a group, well known or not, quarrelsome or quiet, merchant or mercenary. Especially any groups interested in running events for their members or cooperating with the devs for future RP projects. Please post up and sound off.
    Where muh teethgrinders at? Clubs? Vile Sun?

Kronbelt will be posting as soon as I get a chance to talk with Jubal.

Group Name: The Teeth Grinders
    Group Leader: Due to our warmaster going AWOL (probably gibbing things out in the wastes), Facemelt Loon has assumed control.
    RP Goals: Destroy Humanity and/or give people who belong to it a really bad day.
    Quirks: A zealous hatred of humans and graphic violations of personal space.
    Allies: Other mutant and ghoul factions.
    Enemies: Humans for the most part... all of them.
    Primary Races: Mutant and Ghoul
    Primary Territory: The Rot.
    Regular daily culture description: Like most groups we spend alot of time enabling ourselves to survive, but then after that its pretty much just fighting: Humans, eachother, animals, piles of junk, etc.Then we might make things out of the things we've fought.

(NB: Nekos and Furries are classed as Manimals rather than mutants, and we dont accept either into our fold.)

Quote Originally Posted by Facemelt View Post
    (NB: Nekos and Furries are classed as Manimals rather than mutants, and we dont accept either into our fold.)
    For clarification on this matter for those that have not read it: http://wiki.the-wastelands.org/index...s_Player_Races

Group Name: Trade Post Community

Group Leaders: The community is lead by a triumvirate with Jubal Quintus is the Trade Boss, overseeing the trade and business aspects; Kezz Mauriac is a self styled Chief of Security that oversees the guards and scout elements of the Post; and Ironblood Mechanique is the Engineer, heading up the workshops by gathering materials and creating some items for consumption or sale in the Trade Post.

RP Goals: The central hub of trade and commerce in the Wastelands, offering areas for RP vendors to sell WL items and trade goods to other WL residents and RPers on safe neutral grounds under the watchful eye of the guards.

Quirks: The Trade Post is staunchly anti-mutant. Other than that, they are eager to do business and trade with anyone who has items worth trading.

Allies: The common man and the traders who would keep that common man in the goods he requires for his survival or luxury.

Enemies: The enemies of the Trade Post can be broken down into two types, rivals and hostiles.

Rivals are businesses that refuse to trade within the Trade Post and/or openly challenge the Trade Posts profits. Rivals can be dealt with in the spirit of friendly competition or more overt hostility, depending on their actions and the threat they pose to the Trade Post.

Hostiles are aggressive raiders, mercenaries, and warmongering mutants who attack residents for goods or sport. Hostiles are met with violence and openly attacked on site, when tactically sound. Hostiles that are well known to be aggressive are refused at the gate. Simply bearing a mark of a hostile group does not preclude you from entry if you have never been seen and reported doing violence.

Primary Races: Humans are welcomed with open arms. Ghouls are meet with suspicion, but are allowed under the watchful eye of the guard. Manimals are viewed as curious wildlife and driven off or ignored, but they are not allowed within the Trade Post itself. Mutants are met with open hostility, especially members of the Teeth Grinders.

Primary Territory: Kronbelt

Regular Daily Culture Description: The average Trade Post Resident spends most of their time hunting for resources and acquiring wealth and knowledge for the Company, fending off hostiles and watching the gates, and making contact with other factions.

The Trade Post also houses a small theater for relaxation and entertainment on the screen or the stage. Travelers and residents alike can enjoy a few drinks at Turps bar and relax in the comfort and relative safety of the Trade Post motel, which is home to some residents and shelter for weary travelers in need of a good nights rest. Residents and visiting travelers can be found in and around any of these amenities.
    Last edited by JubalQuintus; 07-18-2008 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderMandala View Post
    For clarification on this matter for those that have not read it: http://wiki.the-wastelands.org/index...s_Player_Races
    I am not sure if this is the right place to post... so mods feel free to mov or delete.

After reading the Wastelands Player Races it appears that I am classified under "Manimals" as my character is half mouse. Are there any Manimal groups and if not can anyone start a group or is this a process that has to be approved? Because it appears that the groups are not Manimal/Furry friendly in RP (please correct me if I am wrong) so I may not have a group to join and I would love to RP in the future without having to create a new character just for that.
    You know... you look like your head fell in the cheese dip back in 1957.

Quote Originally Posted by theblackcloud View Post
    I am not sure if this is the right place to post... so mods feel free to mov or delete.

After reading the Wastelands Player Races it appears that I am classified under "Manimals" as my character is half mouse. Are there any Manimal groups and if not can anyone start a group or is this a process that has to be approved? Because it appears that the groups are not Manimal/Furry friendly in RP (please correct me if I am wrong) so I may not have a group to join and I would love to RP in the future without having to create a new character just for that.
    Blackcloud,

Although i have yet to see Sandling post here, i'll take some liberty to tell you the following just from my own memory of the many groups that have come and gone.

Back in the early days of the settlement, a small and crafty group of skilled manimals formed one of the first successful trading groups and established a solid footing in the community, meeting the needs of many a Wastelander. Their business and influence became well known until a strange and still suspicious sandworm attack ransacked their warehouse in the Junkyard. Regardless of the damage to their trade from that event and the rise of other tradesmen, i imagine this group might reaffirm their presence in the future.

They were known as the Vile Sun. Contact their Queen of Parts a.k.a. Sandling Honey if interested.

So...yeah that's one i know of.

-Sandusky
    How many times will the teeth bite the tongue,
    Looking for salvage in the damage that's done?
    - Jay Farrar

Yes indeed, I left a group announcement about possible groups/factions some time ago that didn't give me the expected amount of information back. Further investigation mostly made it seem like most groups/factions are either inactive for the time being, gone completely or 'too small'. Most were also waiting to start up something new when the game would be running again.
    As for Vile Sun, the same basically applies. Ephemeral Flan founded the trading foundation, but eventually moved it over for me to manage. It's now just 6 people big, but in spirit most likely will be active and bigger again the first moment people are playing the game again.
    ----------
    Group Name: The Vile Sun

Group Leaders: The group is run by the Queen of Parts, Sandling Honey.

RP Goals: A trading foundation for individual wasteland merchants. We aim for a proper stabilised economy where people work hard for information and supplies as opposed to the threat of savagery and 'survival of the fittest'.

Quirks: Egocentrism - The foundation does not bode well for those that prefer teamwork, but instead prefers for its members to work independant and individual. Other then shared interest, there are no real strong bonds between our members by definition.

Allies: Our customers, and by that we hope this would include everyone that wishes our services.

Enemies: Savage species that form a threat to our trade, as well as anyone deliberately trying to undermine business. Threats in general that can not easilly be dealt with by our lack in offensive should be dealt with by hiring other clans to do the 'dirty work'. If anything, bloodspill 'in our name' does the trading no good.

Primary Races: Humans and Manimals have the longest running background in the foundation and have shown troughout time that the philosophy of our hard earned work has its profits - They are welcomed with open arms within the foundation. Mutants in general don't seem to think too high of our foundation's philosophy, and are therefor perhaps a bit suspicious in motive - Yet they can easilly prove their worth within the Vile Sun. Ghouls are not accepted, for they are dangerous and chaotic in temper, and most likely have no interest in the arts of trading in a non violent manner to begin with.

Primary Territory: Bloodmoss Swamp. The Vile Sun warehouse, run by the Queen of Parts, has recently been rebuild here (Or might still be in process of when writing this). However, any individual can build up their own trading facility wherever they'd feel it would work best in their profit!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast