+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

bump
    The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly unconcerned that he is standing on a precipice, apparently about to step off.

Gonna try and add something about the Post Apocalyptic Press later today/tonight. I need more writers (and some have expressed interest and some amusing ideas) but also have the group serve as a resource or assistance to residents and groups that wish to spread rumors, hints, and such of RP plans and intentions they may want to circulate In-World. Cryptic clues you'd like to draw attention and what not.

And something different than the Times format.
    The Salvaged Times is more of a periodical document/recording of things that have already happened instead of a "what's currently going on" resource.

I have some thoughts on that which i'll elaborate on later, but i'm looking for suggestions too. Fellow devs and residents, Please IM me in-world or shoot me a PM via the forum if something springs to mind.
    How many times will the teeth bite the tongue,
    Looking for salvage in the damage that's done?
    - Jay Farrar

Default The Post-Apocalyptic Press

Group Name: Post-Apocalyptic Press
    Group Leaders: The Salvaged Editors (Sandusky Kayvon and Aki Shichiroji)

RP Goals: Digging up all the dirt and news fit to print in the Wastelands for our publications:
    1. The Salvaged Times: an irregularly published collection of stories documenting the major events and circumstances of the Wastelands as well as highlighting places and people of interest.
    2. PA Pulp: a newsletter brief featuring snippets of rumors, innuendo, and news on recent events (like Fight Night Results, Gameshow winners, Films, etc).

Quirks: A rabid but harmless curiosity in Wasteland activities. A driving desire to capture the many Tellings, the oral histories (if any) and recent news of our mixed cultures and clans. The unknown need to inscribe these things by word and picture before the sands and junk and swamp bury them again.

Allies: The Press is allied with no particular clans when it comes to disputes. It tries hard to remain neutral for the most part in the fragile balance of settlement politics. Given that, we appreciate all who tolerate our quirks mentioned above.

Enemies: None we're aware of at the moment...but who knows what unseen lines we've crossed or will in our hunt for mysterious news. Salvaged Journalists or Paparazzi are encouraged to defend themselves if necessary.

Primary Races: Open to the members of all races willing to tolerate the other just to share the Tellings of our fellow inhabitants.
    Primary Territory: The Wastelands. The Post-Apocalyptic Printing Press is our base of operations.

Regular daily culture description: Keeping an observant eye and ear open for rumors and photo-opportunities. Exploring the Wastelands near and far for hints and clues of the curious and unknown, for the present and future. (The past can certainly be interesting and cryptic but we tend to focus on the here and now, and what Wastelanders are doing for the present community within the wreckage of our past)

Available Roles at the moment:
    Salvaged Journalist - writer of assigned stories and/or their own unique feature (concept briefly reviewed and considered by editors before proceeding)
    Salvaged Paparazzi - photographer with an eye for composition and theme but we also accept good photos shared by the community at large
    Salvaged Snitch/Informant - this is something new and unofficial and potentially interesting for RP if someone was willing to do it and do it well. Don't tell others you're a source for the paper and writers don't share your sources! Also, you won't officially be in the Group. Wouldn't make much sense for a snitch to walk around with a Group Tag saying "Salvaged Snitch" now would it?

We're always looking for new talented writers and photographers. Anyone interested in any of the above roles, please contact me directly and i'll share our guidelines. They may seem strict but we're pretty laid back, however i do have some absolute rules.
    1. Write only about the community at large, the sims, and other characters...this won't be a platform for your character.
    2. Take photos using only SL's rendering engine and features. No fancy photoshop filter touchup enhancements (unless it's to get rid of that plywood/blank prim in the shot!).
    3. Don't reveal you're a snitch! And do it only for the sake of interesting RP story drama...not SL spiteful drama. I'll have none of that.

EDIT: Oh yeah...we could afford to inject a little humor too. Honestly, have you read the things i've written? I've tried at times but dang, i generally have a melancholy tone. :P
    Last edited by Sandusky; 07-28-2008 at 09:05 PM.
    How many times will the teeth bite the tongue,
    Looking for salvage in the damage that's done?
    - Jay Farrar

Group Name: The Paradox Faction, mainly known as "Paradox"

Group Leader: Perefim Cao

RP Goals: The goals of the "Paradox" are as follows:

1. Research old technology.
    2. Investigate life form anomolies.
    3. Determine the effects of the wastelands on humans and creatures.
    4. Experiment and produce treatments for illnesses, mutations, and outbreaks.
    5. Capture violent specimens caused by genetic alteration due to enviromental hazards.

Quirks: Likely the most secretive group in the wastelands, most scavangers know very little about the Paradox's operations. What is known is its members are primarily non combative, and avoid combat if possible. They however are not hessitant to use force to achieve goals or remove obstacles.

Allies: Though Paradox refuses to include itself in diplomatic squabbles and feuds
    it does however network with several factions on an independant level.

Enemies: Teeth Grinders and factions threatening the survival of humanity.

Available Roles:

☢Straggler ☢: Common "Paradox" rank for researchers, medics, and those conducting experiments.
    ☢Seeker ☢: Rank for "Paradox" members that primarily explore, collect, and investigate reports of anomolies.
    ☢Sentry ☢: Units designed for "Paradox" combat scenerios in which force is necessary to subdue violent specimens or opposition.
    ☢Salvager☢: Standard ranking for "Paradox" members which collect materials, items and other goods needed by group.

Primary Races: Humans are usually accepted right away, other groups such as mutants and manimals are accepted but generally are given special roles and tasks not suited for normal humans, such as but not limited to negotiations with mutant tribes or manimal groupings which have territory in key locations for research.

Primary Territory: Abandoned Research Facility in The Wastelands

Regular daily culture description: Daily life includes intense hours of research, medical and humanitarian aid to those struggling to survive in the harsh conditions of the waste.

( More to come as I have time to refine and add more to this groups descript.)
    Last edited by Perefim; 07-30-2008 at 02:46 AM.

To avoid confusion, your faction will be known as the "Paradox Faction", I don't think "Faction" or "The Faction" is acceptable.

Faction / group / clan / guild are game elements in WLv2, and I don't want new users to get confused.
    The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly unconcerned that he is standing on a precipice, apparently about to step off.

Yay for epic fail on first attempt ... Correction made, group short will be Paradox.

Wink Ruin Nation: Scorpion Tribe`

Group Name: Ruin Nation: Scorpion Tribe
    Group Leader: Mystik Merryman and crew
    RP Goals: Build a tribe of members and form a semblance of order after the Great Fall
    Quirks: We tend to be socially oriented and well organized.
    Allies: Varies
    Enemies: very territorial, so any are subject
    Primary Races: Underground humanoids/Manimals
    Primary Territory: Fort Stygian/Ashvasta - Imperial Sands Motel/United Tribal Alliance
    Regular daily culture description: We are descendants of the fathers of the Age of Silence, and collect stories and lore about the history of the ages. We have many roles within the tribe, including Scout, Hunter, Healer, Artisan, and even Shaman. There are standards that must be met for advancement. We also offer free shelter for our Tribesmen in the Imperial Sands Motel, in the NW corner of the land referred to as Fissure for senior group members.
    Last edited by Mystik; 05-28-2009 at 11:06 AM.

Hi all! Black cloud, I am new in wasteslands as well. I am cheetah manimal and tribe member in the Scorpian Tribe. I know for a fact that we are manimal-friendly. IM me anytime.

WAR ZONE!

Okay guys! This SUNDAY August 24th at 1pm PDT, I am requesting a show of force at the Potato Farm in Hambone Slash. Be there on time, because I am counting people at 1pm, those people are counted for the event. After the tally, I'll do a group vs group event. The winning group will get something undiscovered as of yet from WLv1.

The Goal: Bring as much of your clan / group / tribe / faction inworld, online at the same time so I can get a general feel for your size. Win the group matches.

The following groups are required to show up for the event:
    Moskvitch Mercs
    The Teeth Grinders
    Trade Post Community
    The Vile Sun
    Post-Apocalyptic Press
    Paradox
    Scorpion Tribe
    If you don't belong to a group, now is a good time to find or form one. If you belong to multiple groups, please choose one to stick with for the count, (oh, I'm evil). No ALTs please!

What happens if one of the groups can't show? With Jubal gone for the time being we haven't been able to properly recruit anyone, and my lame-ass job requires me to work Sunday. Does that disqualify us as a group?
    How edible do you think those fish that live in oceanic trenches are?