+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

are clanless ppl wellcome to watch?
    ohh if i can do anyhing helpfull like duno being an npc or such let me know
    I eat your Face.

Default The Ruin't Gunslingers

Howdy everyone,

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Vicarious Starek, Vic fer short. I just rolled in from the north, me and a few of my outlaw buddies. We found an old coal mine in Fort Stygian and started us a little gang.

Group Name: The Ruin't Gunslingers
    Group Leader: We have no formal leader, but follow a self explaining role system. You start out as a Rogue Hunter, and if yer really good at hunting and finding things, ye can be a tracker.Trackers can be hired out to serve as guarded guides and are known fer havin a good grasp on the lay of the land.
    RP Goals: Find and stockpile guns, ammo, and other weapons to use fer trade. Also to gather things fer the gang.
    Quirks: We tend to horde things, and tend to be warry of mutants and the undead, though there have been known to be some mutants that were not yer typical bend and got along with the clannish, outlaw atmosphere and fit right in.
    Allies: The Scorpion Tribe
    Enemies: Most Mutants, Zombies, Ghouls, and some hostile human tribes.
    Primary Races: Human, Manimal's, and some unusual mutant types.
    Primary Territory: Fort Stygian to the swamps makes most our primary hunting grounds.
    Regular daily culture description: We'll usually spend a good deal of time scavenging, searching the lands fer food and scrap. We tend to take jobs seriously, as we rely on our work as Trackers fer our livin. Look us up fer yer expert tracking needs.

Paradise, The Junkyard/Catskill Mts NY, USA

Default Expletives expletives expletives ...

Was having the time of my life killing foe and friend alike during the War Zone combat in Hambone but had to (per usual) log out to overcome a HUD freeze following death. Then - WHAM - worse than death! "Due to problems with a central server, logins to Second Life are currently disabled." Holy ____ ____ ____ ____ _____ _______ ... (Spider M. I need a few more words, please).

OK, I get the popularity thing but if they can't handle the load, why not shut out ppl selectively; as in non-paying members first? well, even that hurts. Anyway, just venting. I LOVED the War Zone

Meanwhile, I stand forever at the "almost logged in", facing Cell B in the potato farm It's still better than tv.
    Last edited by mollyblue; 08-24-2008 at 02:42 PM.
    we are all lying in the mud but some of us are looking at the stars

Default Renegade

Group Name: The Renegade Legion

RP Goals: Trade

Quirks: Well we are loosely grouped together so its based on each persons own quirks

Allies: cool people

Enemies: We are a fairly new group and have no real enemies as far as we know... but sometimes we appear to be hostile!

Primary Races: Mostly Human but don't shy away from Post Humans or Manimals

Primary Territory: AFK-47 The Great Fissure

Regular daily culture description: We have no true culture as we are just a Trading Group
    Last edited by KitsuneFoden; 10-22-2008 at 08:25 AM.

Paradise, The Junkyard/Catskill Mts NY, USA

What? Aieeee!! I'm definitely not shooting enough people
    we are all lying in the mud but some of us are looking at the stars

molly should i teach u how to scare off folks?
    I eat your Face.

Group Name: Shadow Claws

Group Leader: theblackcloud Oh

RP Goals:
    1. To develop more active participation between Manimals and other groups, or individuals, that are up for the challenge or willing to explore other options in RP.
    2. To explore small RP story lines for key items in and around the Wastelands.
    3. Exploring and building off the Greenthumb role during v2 and the interaction between the other classes (not all members have to be Greenthumbs, variety is welcomed and encouraged).

Quirks:
    1. Anti-social: We avoid most gathering spots, but tend to observe from a safe distance.
    2. Curiosity: We have a natural curiosity, almost to a fault, and this often leads to encounters that puts one at odds mentally (also see confliction).
    3. Confliction: Often attacks enemies, instead of trying to engage in some sort of discussion (limited by lack of speech, possible intelligence, which adds more frustration). We do know the odds are against us, but we continue on and on and on.
    4. Thievery: We'll steal whatever is not nailed down even if it has no given purpose at the time, we're also attracted to the shiny and if we're feeling brazen enough we'll try to take your salvage right from under your nose.

Allies: None. It is possible from time to time, through mutual goals, that Shadow Claws will team up with other individuals or groups.

Enemies: All. No one is to be trusted. Perhaps in time and through mutual goals this will change... but instincts are rarely wrong.

Primary Races: Manimals... possibly others outcasts (depending on the story).

Primary Territory: Malady Bog (Mouse's Muddy Water).

Regular daily culture description:
    1. Salvaging for items to stock pile. Members of the Shadow Claws spend a good deal of time salvaging. We get a great deal of items by going out on our own and trading between other members in our group to share the spoils. We've found that we rarely need to trade with other groups or individuals for items and recipes, but we are open to the idea.
    2. Observing and tracking individuals and other groups. This allows us to know the when, where and who when we leave the safety of Malady Bog. Even though we are a group, our members tend to go out alone and it is best to know everything around you at all times.
    3. As Greenthumbs we are bringing a tiny bit of life back the Malady Bog, by trying to grown plants that can be used for possible food, healing and toxins.
    4. As Manimals we are built to survive the harsh world known as the Wastelands, the earth that surrounds us. We are very hostile towards anyone trying to change the land, and restore the technology that brought about the great fall. We will engage in combat to prevent anyone from doing so.
    5. Training for combat. We may not be known for our fighting skills, but each training session brings us another step closer in the right direction. We can often be seen fighting others in the streets of the Wastelands while salvaging. We also train at the Potato Farma.
    Last edited by theblackcloud; 06-02-2009 at 01:59 PM.
    You know... you look like your head fell in the cheese dip back in 1957.

Rebuilded United States of America
    ohh how i enjoyed it when the wastes were not bound to any existing states, political statements or religion
    I eat your Face.

I agree with Ccindy 100%

http://wiki.the-wastelands.org/index...nds_History_RP

This article should help you tailor your group better to the wastelands. Right now it got a very 'Enclave' feel to it and the wastelands exist in a world with no knowledge of global and governmental history. Your story, as it stands, forces a timeline of war, radiation and recovery on the entirety of the community. While some factions have things that they believe are true, nothing is fact. The wastelands are located on an unknown continent in an unknown world. Earth itself may not be where we are. Anyhow, welcome aboard and if you'd like help creating a group that fits the world setting a bit better, there are plenty of people who would be more than happy to help you out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast