+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Talking WLv2: Resident Only Beta!

This WLv2 Beta is for RESIDENTS of the Wastelands ONLY!

Now that that is out of the way...

The WLv2 beta will progressively test subsystems and address issues as they are found. We'll move through the beta in phases, once one phase is satisfactory we'll move on to the next phase, until completion. Additionally I've come up with a bounty system to encourage people to report bugs and issues.

Issue Bounty System

The bounty system works like this, I will be keeping a list of names of reporters here in my mini notebook, and your cumulative "score". To report a bug, or issue simply reply in AS MUCH DETAIL as possible in this here forum thread. By AS MUCH DETAIL as possible, I mean the following:
    • What did you do to get the bug?
    • What was happening at the time?
    • What objects or people did you interact with?
    • What beta version of the HUD were you using at the time?
    The points will be tallied as follows:
    • 1 point for an inconvenience, something you dislike that you think would benefit everyone by a suggested improvement. Yes, you need to suggest the improvement.
    • 5 points for a bug. Something that glitches the system and has an undesired or abnormal effect.
    • 10 points for an exploit. Things that you can do to obviously cheat or get an upper hand on someone.
    The first person to document the issue here in this thread is eligible for the points. Points will be granted once the issue is inspected and corrected. You can declare that you want to give your points to a specific avatar for those of you who want to make a group effort, please do so when you file an issue.

Once WLv2 is live, your points can be redeemed for the following:
    • 5 points = One random piece of Salvage from the global pool of all the salvage.
    • 10 points = One random completed item from available completed items in the recipe database.
    • 20 points = One random completed item and it's recipe.
    Phase Tree

Each phase should last about 3 days to a week pending any really tough bugs, or how busy I am. Hud and weapon upgrades will most likley be required between phases, and you will be notified when you need to go get new ones.

Phase One [Basic Systems Tests I]:
    Phase one is a very basic systems test. Make sure you can equip weapons, cause damage, and interact with simple items like heal boxes. Two simple weapons will be provided. DOTs will not be implimented quite yet. Weapons will not require a skill to use. These weapons will have VERY HIGH accuracy, as if they were built very well, but the damage will be on the low side for testing perposes.
    Get a feel for the movement systems, and please provide your feedback here. None of the status effects like STUN, DAZE, SLOW, BLIND, etc. will be enabled yet.
    Get a feel for the new accuracy system. The initial test weapons should be 100% accurate. Try hiding behind things for cover and other such fun activities. Equipment should not degrade.
    Basic food will be supplied. Unlimited Ammo.
    Phase Two [Basic Systems Test II]
    Make sure any discovered bugs are squashed.
    Phase two enables DoTs and Status Effects. Weapons from Phase One will require an update, as they will now degrade, have normalish stats, require ammo, and will continue to not need skill to wield.
    Phase Three [Basic Systems Test III]
    Squash bugs.
    Skills will be introduced. You can manualy adjust your skill via a Device to be thoroughly described when we hit Phase III. Kill skill however, should gain normally.
    Basic tools for each skill will be introduced.
    Basic Spawn, Salvage Crates, Greenthumb vegitation, and corpses for Deadeyes will be introduced to stress the new salvage system. Salvage redeemed is likely to be ugly plywood cubes with names, and functionality.
    Phase Four [Advanced Systems I]
    Minigames will be introduced.
    Krusher Rock
    Eco-Pods (There will be a farm of eco-pods anyone can use, but no one will own. I will rely on the community as a whole to keep these up and going)
    Armor will be introduced.
    Armor will not have a skill requirement yet.
    The important things to test are making sure armor comes off when it's supposed to, and that values don't "stick" in the hud.
    Race templates will be intruduced.
    Much like the adjustable skills, you'll be able to pick your "Race". Everyone defaults as Human, the other options are Mutant, The Dead, and Manimal. What the benefits are to each race, you'll have to find out!
    Phase Five [Advanced Systems II]
    Armor will now have skill requirements.
    All salvage and minigames should have proper requirements.
    "Work benches" will be introduced. Each skill has it's own specialty equipment to make special salvage on.
    Repair benches for the Masheeners will be introduced, these need serious testing so equipment handed out in this phase will be already damaged, and the salvage spawn upped a little.
    Book spawning system will go online.
    Phase Six [Advance Systems III]
    Culture Templates will be intruduced. Culture templates stack with your racial template, and provide additional bonues. They do not grant as many bonuses as a racial bonus, but push you a bit further into your niche. They kind of define who you are. Everyone starts out with no template, additional templates are Law Dog, Loner, Trader, Mercinary, Cult, Tribal, and Savage. Again, you'll have to find the benefits of them by testing. However you'll have to find the corresponding book naturally.
    Corpses will no longer spawn. Mobs will be intruduced, many varieties, bring friends and test like mad.
    Diseases.
    Final Phase [Hardcore Mode]
    Should everything work according to plan, we'll be testing hard code mode. Hard code more will be a toggable option in the hud. You can only toggle this on or off once a week. Enabling hard core mode will create a hard core character for you with a seperate inventory than your normal character. Penalties for removing the hud will be at least doubled (delays for interactions, and equipment equipping). Be prepared to jump in. Hard code more makes you a bit tougher than normal, and grants additional skill points beyond the initial 125 skill cap. Daily skill gain limits are doubled, and your kill skill doesn't degrade as fast. However, when you die, you die, and your character is reset.
    UPDATE:
    The Beta Box may be found here: secondlife://The Junkyard/134/202/72/
    The only way to heal is through natural metabolism, that means you need to eat.
    Some Everlasting meat has been placed on the table near the telehub of Hambone Slash
    , you can eat as much as you want. The meat area is considered a SAFE area
    The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly unconcerned that he is standing on a precipice, apparently about to step off.

awsome

cant wait to start testing

thx for this news
    I eat your Face.

Offline for a 3 hour nap. I was awake 23 hours. WLv2 Beta will be here tonight!

The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly unconcerned that he is standing on a precipice, apparently about to step off.

Paradise, The Junkyard/Catskill Mts NY, USA

Three hours? You laggard, ha! Sorry, had to say that - and that I am very scared I am going to die.
    we are all lying in the mud but some of us are looking at the stars

*jawdrop*...whoa...Okay, this is even more intense than I thought. Holy. Freaking. Crap. I am in awe over here.Best of luck for the release; I am seriously thiiiiiiiiiiiis close to bundling up and walking the hundred miles back to my apartment.
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

Revive!

didnt i say u something about sleeping?

welcome back
    I eat your Face.

I really need to check the forums earlier. lol

/me is giddy with joy and may find herself not getting any sleep at all tonight.
    You know... you look like your head fell in the cheese dip back in 1957.

After you die & reequip it's not functional.. eating, shooting ect
    "REJECT THE BASIC ASSUMPTION OF CIVILIZATION, ESPECIALLY THE IMPORTANCE OF MATERIAL POSSESSIONS"

The hud is freaking amazing

I need meat... off to Hambone Slash
    You know... you look like your head fell in the cheese dip back in 1957.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast