+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

This isn't really a bug report or anything, just me talking about how I've seen the move override affect your avatar.

I've noticed that the move assist's climbing ability has the odd side effect of increasing the grade of an incline you can reliably traverse. Without the hud, a prim needs to be under 75 degrees to be climbable, but with the hud, that number is raised up to 86 degrees. Also, it is now possible to run up nearly vertical terrain surfaces, in some cases much faster than you can run horizontally. You can also get a considerable jump boost off of certain objects if you time it right by running into the surface, and timing your jump to happen at the same time as you start to climb. I've been able to jump roughly 15-20 meters into the air using this trick. Finally, while running down a hill your avatar sometimes 'catches' on the terrain and does these weird little bunny hops down the slope, bouncing you all over the place.

Oh yeah, and V2 is freggin fun as hell even when it's stuck in bare-bones Phase 1.
    How edible do you think those fish that live in oceanic trenches are?

the barbedwire over the doors of the arena is an exelent catapult caus of that

btw is auto"fire" ment with every weapon?

like holding mouse makes autofire ripper but autoattak stick too
    Last edited by CCindy; 12-26-2008 at 05:03 AM.
    I eat your Face.

What did you do to get the bug?

Fightin practice

What was happening at the time?

Ripper bullets can hit through objects, stick may hit through some alpha textured objects

What objects or people did you interact with?

biche and me, fences at Brummagen, the Heap (Junkyard), doors at Potato farm and self building slim "screens"

What beta version of the HUD were you using at the time?

revision 2,16
    Last edited by PsychoBaroque; 12-26-2008 at 08:37 AM.

Hey Neo, this is not a bug but a suggestion.

I love the look of the new HUD. What I'm suggesting is that you or the HUD designer move the "tab" buttons and the damage type dials to the bottom of the minimized bar. That would give it a cleaner look. It's purely cosmetic, and it's not a high priority thing.

My first combat test with Ccindy this morning was fun. I noticed that it's fairly lag free and it's a bit easier to telegraph your hits because of that. I have my draw distance set really far, something like 512m, and I didn't have the old sluggishness the previous system would give me with that graphic setting.

Real good job

>What did you do to get the bug?
    running about and jumping, finding meat etc (i felt the rate at which hunger dropped at first was a little quick, but it seems to have stabilized now i've eaten a butt load of meat) and, I've wandered back over to the junkyard after crossing sims and previous mentioned activities, i've clicked onto the clipboard button.

>What was happening at the time?
    there are no tab buttons, so i'm stuck on this screen of the hud, oh it literally just loaded after maybe 4 minutes

>What objects or people did you interact with?
    just user commands, meat and sim crossings.

>What beta version of the HUD were you using at the time?
    revision 2,16

Not sure if thats a load time inconvenience or a bug, but that could cause a problem if you're just checking out your stats and it freezes up for 4 minutes and someone decides to kill you.
    Last edited by Facemelt; 12-26-2008 at 11:13 AM. Reason: It happened again, Right Click + Edit seems to fix it though, so i guess its a client issue.
    Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day.
    Light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Facemelt View Post
    Not sure if thats a load time inconvenience or a bug, but that could cause a problem if you're just checking out your stats and it freezes up for 4 minutes and someone decides to kill you.
    That's somthing I cannot fix, it's an alpha bug. Just right click your HUD, the buttons are still there, just not alpha sorted properly.
    The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly unconcerned that he is standing on a precipice, apparently about to step off.

Paradise, The Junkyard/Catskill Mts NY, USA

Went into an underground build at the Scrapyard.

I found myself standing at a tilt for about 20 seconds. This has happened to me several times, not always by going underground but in the Beta Hud and carrying a weapon.

I went underground, wearing the Beta HUD and carrying the beta ripper. I was also wearing a Huddles AO (same each time it happened - will have to try without the AO).

we are all lying in the mud but some of us are looking at the stars

Paradise, The Junkyard/Catskill Mts NY, USA

Default oddness

[quote=CCindy;2822]can reproduce the teleport bug too

I've been teleporting while wearing the Beta HUD and get no messages or negative impact. I tp'd to the Claremorris sim and was in same condition as when I left, still wearing the HUD and the ripper. I may be a little more hungry but can't say for sure. Didn't check my hunger level before I tp'd.

OK, tp'd home (Tar Pit): no message, no added hunger, no differences at all.
    Last edited by mollyblue; 12-26-2008 at 12:38 PM.
    we are all lying in the mud but some of us are looking at the stars

Equipped the hud, then the ripper

it said "you must wait 12 seconds to equip" but did not unequip, and worked fine.

hud, then the ripper

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day.
    Light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Default WasteLands V2 Patrice Notes Dec. 26

WL V2 rev 2.16

1. HUD did not attach properly until I took off other HUD (Huddles, MystiTool). Then worked properly with them on.
    2. first time rez weapons needed to go to ML to see them not as balls.
    3. weapons work! tested with Zeroyel and Gideon. Also eating/Health.
    4. Heal is slow
    5. Pg Up button removes HUD even if Fly on Hold is unchecked in Preferences (could be Macintosh?) later: only if Chat is open. E and Pg Up work the same if Chat is closed.
    6. HUD does not detach after TP or Sim cross, needed to attach something else to that HUD area to dislodge it. (others have noted that)
    7. Instructions say click on ? but there is not ? in HUD.
    Last edited by Patrice; 12-26-2008 at 01:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast