+ Reply to Thread

Wink V1 HUD bug (Flying turned on by F key)

This started for me with SL Release Candidate 1.22.8, I think. Robin Varriale tested in Windows and it happened to him to. I have "Fly on holding down.." unchecked. I noticed I was flying unintentionally, and finally figured it out. If you have chat window closed and hit F key, you fly, and start incurring damage. It makes it hard to fight as you need to be in Mouselook (chat closed).

I don't know if there is a cure for this, except LL fixing... Just noted so others are aware.

Ah cool! An excuse to cover up my suckiness at Fight Night!

I cant test it, because I'm at work...but isnt "F" key always flying despite the options/preference settings?
    Come see me south central in The Wastelands sim. Follow my stories in the ROLEPLAY thread.

Yeah, pretty much. That happens regardless of whether or not you're using the hud.
    How edible do you think those fish that live in oceanic trenches are?

I can't test it now, but .. apparently, if you change AutomaticFly value in Debug Settings from default value (TRUE) to FALSE, you won't start flying anymore when keeping Page Up (or E) key pressed.
    Maybe that works also for the F key, but I'm not sure - we need to test it.
    http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Settings

Default V1 Hud bug?

I found on a failed TP (which should kill me anyways, as I'm flying after it fails) that I didn't die nor lose HP and could fly with the HUD on. I always forget to take my HUD off.

It was laggy that day and I recreated it twice in The Wastelands and once in The Junkyard. I forgot to post about it until I found some notes in my pocket a moment ago. I tried to recreate it again a few days ago and died. Then like a dummy I took off my hud when I died and now its 20% broken.

Havent been able to recreate it again, dont wanna buy a third HUD lol
    Come see me south central in The Wastelands sim. Follow my stories in the ROLEPLAY thread.

The other day, I was flying around, teleporting, all sorts of shit with the hud on, and never got any damage at all. It was disappointing, I was trying t'kill myself to see what it was like.

Wink Eyes wide shut

Etain... cruising for bruising