+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
    Maybe a good "etiquette" idea is to put up a title if you are OOC or NO_HUD? People do use Ruin't to indicate RP but that does not mean HUD on, or off.

I know what Vissy means, if you are buiding it maybe smart to have HUD off, but it might also be good to let people know. Another approach is to build "up in the air" as no legit way to use HUD up there.

Patrice, as we've gone over like twenty million times at this point, "Ruin't" tag means IC -and- HUDded. If people are shooting at you, and they're too stupid to realize that you're not taking damage, then so what, it's their loss of bullets.

Building in the air is a good idea to avoid people, and it also prevents there being big ugly heaps of physics-defying plywood on the ground.

And yes, Starchild, if you are wearing the HUD, you can be killed by anyone, anywhere except at the salvager, at any time. Reread the covenant.
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

Apo, I agree totally, and I think most HUD wearing people do.. but its clear to me that there a quite a few who have Ruin't tag up but no HUD. Or, worse they play with HUD on OFF. If the rule is "show Ruin't = I am wearing HUD" thats fine for me.

On the safe area at WL TP point (the bunker) I thought it was the new rule that inside the bunker is safe.. not on top or around. Maybe I did not get that right.

Quote Originally Posted by Aposiopesis View Post
    Patrice, as we've gone over like twenty million times at this point, "Ruin't" tag means IC -and- HUDded. If people are shooting at you, and they're too stupid to realize that you're not taking damage, then so what, it's their loss of bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by starchild View Post
    Really, if'n I have my HUD on I'm fair game?
    As I see it yes. Other people may see it differently.

On the safe area at WL TP point (the bunker) I thought it was the new rule that inside the bunker is safe.. not on top or around. Maybe I did not get that right.
    I believe this is correct Patrice, or at least this is how I have been doing things since the salvager was moved.
    Last edited by theblackcloud; 04-24-2009 at 05:22 AM.
    You know... you look like your head fell in the cheese dip back in 1957.

Well, if they've got their Ruin't tag on and they're not wearing their HUD, to go by the RP rules we all agreed upon a few months back, They're Doing It Wrong. There's no way we can enforce any kind of tag use, and trying to overcomplicate it with MORE TAGS to switch in and out of isn't going to make things any easier -- it would just give people more ways to misrepresent their status by intention or by accident.

If somebody's being obnoxious while you're trying to build on your land, eject the bastard. Let him have fun trying to shoot at you from outside your border, or whatever entertains his tiny little brain. Because yes, they probably do realize you're not HUDded or playing; it would take a truly special amount of stupidity not to realize it. And you can't honestly expect that some words floating over your head that said "NO HUD" would make him change his mind.
    Whatever shit Wastelanders do, however dirty or bloody or batshit random it is, it comes right from our gritty, fucked up little hearts, and that's beautiful.

Just a random thought...

Was a notecard of that meeting with the new RP Code of Conduct placed in the Hud box? Or is one given out when you first come to the Wastelands? Because new players to the game may not know about what we decided unless they visit the forum or someone tells them.

RP is opt in, not opt out. If I don't have a ruin't tag on, I'm OOC. I beleive that's what was decided.
    And the wise men don't know what it feels, to be thick, as a brick.

Quote Originally Posted by theblackcloud View Post
    Just a random thought...

Was a notecard of that meeting with the new RP Code of Conduct placed in the Hud box? Or is one given out when you first come to the Wastelands? Because new players to the game may not know about what we decided unless they visit the forum or someone tells them.

Well, since RP isn't officially endorsed anymore, current quest notwithstanding, it probably isn't. But I do think there are new signpost-lookin' dealie-mabobs behind all the starter boxes, with links to the relevant sections of the Wiki. So the information is accessible, even if there's nobody around at all. The wiki might not have the fine details like HUD/no HUD, whatever, but I'm certain it says something about the opt-in nature of RP -- which, as Dia said, prettymuch oughta cover it.

Default HUD on OFF stuff

From talking to a few WL folks in the last few days, and my own experience, I think there are a few people having some fun by doing small group attacks where some are wearing HUD and others not, and all wearing Ruin't tag.

Their purpose seems to be to make a bit of a fuss, and have a laugh amongst themselves, I am guessing.

My approach is gonna be to use melee weapon, and, to not get involved in discussions of WL RP, until I have confidence someone is not just goofing around.. thats for people I don't "know". Why waste bullets? Or breath? Might lead to dying a few times but that's just a couple minutes wasted.

From talking to a few WL folks in the last few days, and my own experience, I think there are a few people having some fun by doing small group attacks where some are wearing HUD and others not, and all wearing Ruin't tag.
    I've been using melee when I do have time to come in world as I'm growing tired of wasting bullets for the very same reason. So I'm a bit curious about who these folks are so when I do logon I'll know what to expect next time I cross them. Can someone post the faction or names if this information has indeed been verified.

I almost never have my Ruin't tag on, even WITH the HUD on.

I'm usually doing something alone, but if I see a friend I'll put it on. Dont think I'm going to attack! hehe.

About the only thing thats really bothered me was some RP that went WAY too far one too many times despite my warnings and even threats, then had crude ToS/EULA-breaking ignore-list-avoiding griefer tools used on me SEVERAL times, even in other SIMs by that person.

Anyways,

The "being attacked while building" was just confusing to me, not really troublesome. I cant build in the air because I was fitting something to my land, and often I type in the axis position of a prim, then wonder how many thousand meters away it is - and guess on the direction, too - when I make a mistake. Some skills are never developed, I guess
    Come see me south central in The Wastelands sim. Follow my stories in the ROLEPLAY thread.